Author Topic: sharpning  (Read 2019 times)

Offline Canon_Shooter

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
sharpning
« on: September 13, 2010, 07:03:45 AM »
In the latest version of PM, how much sharpening is applied when you check the sharping box in the save as or upload photos dialog boxes. what is it's photoshop equivalent?  Also is there any difference between the sharping in the save as dialog box and the upload photos dialog box.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: sharpning
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2010, 07:10:54 AM »
In the latest version of PM, how much sharpening is applied when you check the sharping box in the save as or upload photos dialog boxes. what is it's photoshop equivalent?  Also is there any difference between the sharping in the save as dialog box and the upload photos dialog box.

The settings are the same everywhere.

The settings are whole numbers and aren't exactly the same as Photoshop's since it is our own sharpening algorithm.  Internally, the radius is 1, the amount is 200, and the threshold is 2.

We may add adjustibility at some point.

-Kirk

Offline Canon_Shooter

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2010, 07:20:42 AM »
Has the amount of sharpening changed from previous versions of PM?  My photos seem to have more sharpening applies now that i have upgraded to the latest version.

Maybe it's my eyes :)

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2010, 09:53:08 AM »
Has the amount of sharpening changed from previous versions of PM?  My photos seem to have more sharpening applies now that i have upgraded to the latest version.

Maybe it's my eyes :)

The parameters have not changed since the sharpening feature was added.

-Kirk