Author Topic: Where are Keywords hidden?  (Read 2547 times)

Offline Karsten

• View Profile
    • Photographer Karsten Weirup
Where are Keywords hidden?
« on: September 14, 2010, 01:31:30 PM »
I have changed the harddrive on my mac and upgraded my computer to the newest OS. I still have my old harddrive and have access to it.
I have moved PM to the new HD but now my license and all my beloved keywords are gone. So please tell me where I can find them on the old HD and transport them to the new one.
And how do I activate my PM again, without calling your office? The answer must be somewhere on the old HD?

Best Karsten W.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Where are Keywords hidden?
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2010, 03:19:11 PM »
Karsten,

I have changed the harddrive on my mac and upgraded my computer to the newest OS. I still have my old harddrive and have access to it.
I have moved PM to the new HD but now my license and all my beloved keywords are gone. So please tell me where I can find them on the old HD and transport them to the new one.
And how do I activate my PM again, without calling your office? The answer must be somewhere on the old HD?

Use the Export/Import feature of the Preferences dialog.  Choose to export all of the settings you wish to transfer.  Copy the exported file to your new computer and import it.

PM has online registration.  You just need to find your registration certificate or purchase email and re-enter that information on your new computer.

-Kirk

Offline Karsten

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2010, 01:27:56 PM »
Hi again.
I think my registration certificate is long gone. Of course I can by another copy, but my keywords will be gone. Where does PM hide the keywords. There must be some kind of document somewhere on the computer?

Best Karsten

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2010, 03:02:06 PM »
I think my registration certificate is long gone. Of course I can by another copy, but my keywords will be gone. Where does PM hide the keywords. There must be some kind of document somewhere on the computer?

All you need to do is call the office at 503-548-2800 and give them any details (your company name, etc.) and they'll be able to look up your registration information.

As for the Keywords, they're in your preferences file:

/Users/<your login name>/Library/Preferences/com.camerabits.PhotoMechanic/com.camerabits.PhotoMechanic.prefs

Structured keywords are stored in their own file in the same folder.

HTH,

-Kirk

Offline Karsten

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2010, 03:24:08 PM »
Thank you very much. It took only a few minutes to get the code on mail. Very impressing.
I was then able to connect my old hard drive, use it as startdisk, open PM and save all keywords and other presets. Great. I am back on the track.

Also a reminder to save our precious keywords once in a while.

Thanks a lot.

Best Karsten