Photo Mechanic > Feature Requests

Ingest of selected photos only

(1/5) > >>

fabeck01:
Hello,

I'd like to suggest to add a possibility to ingest only the selected photos instead of either a disk or a folder.

Often I shoot more than one theme in a day, e.g. an event followed by some landscape pictures. In Photo mechanic, when I ingest pictures, I make extensive use of the variables for file (re)naming. This causes problems in case only entire disks/folders can be ingested as it doesn't allow for differentiation in file naming.

Thanks!

Kirk Baker:

--- Quote from: fabeck01 on September 15, 2010, 02:24:23 PM ---I'd like to suggest to add a possibility to ingest only the selected photos instead of either a disk or a folder.

Often I shoot more than one theme in a day, e.g. an event followed by some landscape pictures. In Photo mechanic, when I ingest pictures, I make extensive use of the variables for file (re)naming. This causes problems in case only entire disks/folders can be ingested as it doesn't allow for differentiation in file naming.
--- End quote ---

This is an often-requested feature that we call "Ingest from Selection" which has not been implemented yet.  I do not have any guidance on when the feature will be implemented.

-Kirk

Luiz Muzzi:
Hi, Kirk,
I also think that would be a great new feature!
Hope to see it soon.
Regards,

-Luiz Muzzi

vAfotoriporter:

--- Quote from: Luiz Muzzi on September 25, 2010, 02:27:30 PM ---Hi, Kirk,
I also think that would be a great new feature!
Hope to see it soon.
Regards,

-Luiz Muzzi

--- End quote ---

Luiz, Until this feature gets implemented you can use the very much existing feature to select your photos in camera during/after your shoot with the protect photos option and only ingest the protected photos during ingest. This way you get only your selected photos downloaded.

eja:
How do you access the Protect Photo function?

Thanks

EJ

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version