Author Topic: Option for full path name in contact sheet tab?  (Read 2961 times)

Offline SzurszewskiJ

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • Joe Szurszewski Photography
Option for full path name in contact sheet tab?
« on: September 15, 2010, 02:57:31 PM »

Hello,

I often wind up with multiple contact sheets open with lots of identical tab names, such as "master" or "raw".  Is there a preference for putting the full path name in the tab?  If not, could this be added?  Or is there any other way of distinguishing between contact sheets that just happen to live in folders with identical names?

Thanks,
Joe

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Option for full path name in contact sheet tab?
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2010, 03:03:12 PM »
I often wind up with multiple contact sheets open with lots of identical tab names, such as "master" or "raw".  Is there a preference for putting the full path name in the tab?

No.

Quote from: SzurszewskiJ
If not, could this be added?

I don't think that would work very well since path names are usually very much longer than the tabs are wide.

Quote from: SzurszewskiJ
]Or is there any other way of distinguishing between contact sheets that just happen to live in folders with identical names?

If you select a single image in the contact sheet and look at the status text at the bottom of the window, you'll see the full path of the selected photo.

Perhaps that will help.

-Kirk

Offline mbbphoto

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2010, 03:07:32 PM »
This is an issue I deal with all the time.
Even if you only see the next folder it would probably be enough to tell you where you are.
This would be a timesaver.
Its not to show you where the folder is, just to differentiate between multiple tabs...
Marc
Marc

Offline SzurszewskiJ

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • Joe Szurszewski Photography
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2010, 12:51:13 PM »
Kirk, the problem with your workaround is having to select each tab in order to know what it contains.  What about adding a tooltip when the mouse hovers each tab that shows the full path name?

Offline fabianlujan

• sports photographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2014, 09:11:01 AM »
Is it possible to see the full path in the header title before the "XXX - Photo Mechanic"??
I have lots of folders with the same name. Also the same files.
When I move thru the tab it remains the same, because have the same name BUT not the same full path.
Something like this "C:\FOLD1\SUBFOLD2\ - Photo Mechanic" instead of "SUBFOLD2 - Photo Mechanic"??
Thanks!!

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2014, 05:21:44 PM »
I have added the ability for the path(s) being browsed for a given Contact Sheet tab to be shown and if chosen, be shown in an OS window (Finder/Windows Explorer).  The Contact Sheet tab need not be active to view the path(s).  Simply right-click on the tab and move your mouse onto the "Reveal in Finder/Show in Windows Explorer" submenu and the path(s) will appear.  Choosing a path will bring forward a Finder/Windows Explorer window showing that path.

Please give it a try:

Windows:
http://www.camerabits.com/download/PM5SetupR15846.exe

Mac:
http://www.camerabits.com/download/PhotoMechanic5R15846.dmg

Thanks,

-Kirk