Author Topic: Move problems / Drag & Drop gone...  (Read 3464 times)

Offline cjgunther

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Move problems / Drag & Drop gone...
« on: September 06, 2006, 06:36:07 AM »
Hi,
In PM 4.4.3.2 (OSX 10.4.7) I am no longer able to drag files to a favorites folder and have PM auto-rename when conflicts occur. Instead I have to go through the Copy Files command.
I am not complaining, it is just that I got use to the ease of drag and drop, and ok, maybe I am lazy.

Am I doing something wrong on the prefs in regards to renaming? Renaming seems to work ok with copy, just nolonger with drag and drop.

cj gunther (cjgunther@cjgunther.com)

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Move problems / Drag & Drop gone...
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2006, 06:56:02 AM »
cj,

In PM 4.4.3.2 (OSX 10.4.7) I am no longer able to drag files to a favorites folder and have PM auto-rename when conflicts occur. Instead I have to go through the Copy Files command.
I am not complaining, it is just that I got use to the ease of drag and drop, and ok, maybe I am lazy.

Am I doing something wrong on the prefs in regards to renaming? Renaming seems to work ok with copy, just nolonger with drag and drop.

We changed drag and drop copy to work like the Finder because so many people complained about the previous behavior (the one you liked.)  The Finder doesn't automatically rename files at the destination either.  You are not doing anything wrong with your settings.  They just don't apply to drag and drop copy anymore.

I have thought about making an addition where you could hold down a key like Shift just before the drop and then the Copy dialog would kick in, but you wouldn't have to choose the destination, the destination would automatically be the folder you dropped onto.  This would make things faster.

-Kirk