Author Topic: Apply rotation  (Read 8314 times)

Offline SamFrost

• View Profile
    • Sam Frost Photography
Apply rotation
« on: September 06, 2006, 07:07:30 AM »
Would it be possible to add a "Rotate JPEGs" checkbox to the Copy dialog?  It would be very helpful and save a step in my workflow.

Thanks,
Sam

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Apply rotation
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2006, 08:21:39 AM »
Sam,

Would it be possible to add a "Rotate JPEGs" checkbox to the Copy dialog?  It would be very helpful and save a step in my workflow.

Yes, though I'd have to run the idea past Dennis first.

-Kirk

Offline Cosi

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2006, 05:17:51 PM »
Don't know if anyone's mentioned this but it would also be nice to have "don't show this message again" check box in the rotate images dialogue box that pops up when you select it in the tools menu. Not a big deal, but I've read the disclaimer 300 times and I'm cool with it! ;)

Offline gajones

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2006, 08:32:59 PM »
Don't know if anyone's mentioned this but it would also be nice to have "don't show this message again" check box in the rotate images dialogue box that pops up when you select it in the tools menu. Not a big deal, but I've read the disclaimer 300 times and I'm cool with it! ;)

If you're on Mac, hold down the option (alt) key when you select the command from the menu, (or just press command-option-R) and it will bypass the box. If you're on Windows I'm sure you can work out the equivalent keys.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2006, 08:55:15 PM »

If you're on Mac, hold down the option (alt) key when you select the command from the menu, (or just press command-option-R) and it will bypass the box. If you're on Windows I'm sure you can work out the equivalent keys.

On Windows, you hold down the Shift key.

-Kirk

Offline SamFrost

• View Profile
    • Sam Frost Photography
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2006, 03:59:57 PM »
Sam,

Yes, though I'd have to run the idea past Dennis first.

-Kirk

I was thinking of this again today, so can I use the revival of this thread to ask if Dennis thinks this is a good idea? :)