Author Topic: Ingest Folder names  (Read 5860 times)

Offline jdemott

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Ingest Folder names
« on: May 02, 2006, 09:33:15 AM »
Hello,

Not sure if anyone else would find it useful or not, but for me it'd be great to have a variable similair to {folder} that would use the name of the NEWLY CREATED folder name from the "Copy Photos: into folder with name " field.  I just find myself typing the same thing in twice on each ingest, once for the folder name, and once for the rename-as.  Is it possible this exists ?

Thanks

-Jason

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Ingest Folder names
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2006, 10:54:00 AM »
Not sure if anyone else would find it useful or not, but for me it'd be great to have a variable similair to {folder} that would use the name of the NEWLY CREATED folder name from the "Copy Photos: into folder with name " field.  I just find myself typing the same thing in twice on each ingest, once for the folder name, and once for the rename-as.  Is it possible this exists?

It does not exist.  I'm not sure it could be made all that useful since you can create entire folder hierarchies with the "Copy Photos: into folder with name " field.  Like so:

{year4}/{month}/{job}

If we had a {intofoldername} variable, then this would expand to 2006/05/basketball which would not be a valid filename or a portion of a valid filename.  How about just using the {job} variable in both places, or one of the custom variables like {user1}, {user2} or {user3}?

You can edit these variables from the "Job..." button in the Ingest dialog.

HTH,

-Kirk

Offline jdemott

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Ingest Folder names
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2006, 11:54:08 AM »
Kirk,

Thanks for the info, I hadn't really used the Client settings in the past but now I have a reason to do so (which is probably a good practice anyway).  This will do the trick.

Thanks again for all the help and a great product.

-Jason