Author Topic: Transfer star ratings between computers  (Read 4433 times)

Offline tp

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Transfer star ratings between computers
« on: October 05, 2010, 03:01:52 PM »
I just moved several folders of images from my netbook to my computer, both running WinXP and PM 4.6.5.  I had applied star ratings to the images on the netbook before moving them and the stars show up on the computer but I can neither add nor subtract stars to images which had been previously rated on the netbook.  If an image on the computer already has one star, which had been applied on the netbook, and I click to promote it to two stars, the image remains one-starred.  Behavior is the same for thumbnail, preview window, and the iptc window.  File permission is not set to read only.  If I go back to the netbook, I can add or subtract stars normally.   
Any thoughts would be appreciated, Thanks, Tim

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Transfer star ratings between computers
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2010, 03:25:23 PM »
Tim,

I just moved several folders of images from my netbook to my computer, both running WinXP and PM 4.6.5.  I had applied star ratings to the images on the netbook before moving them and the stars show up on the computer but I can neither add nor subtract stars to images which had been previously rated on the netbook.  If an image on the computer already has one star, which had been applied on the netbook, and I click to promote it to two stars, the image remains one-starred.  Behavior is the same for thumbnail, preview window, and the iptc window.  File permission is not set to read only.  If I go back to the netbook, I can add or subtract stars normally.

First start with comparing the settings on both computers.  Specifically the General tab, Files tab, and IPTC/XMP tabs.  Make sure they're the same settings on both machines.  If you want, you can just use the Export/Import buttons at the bottom of the Preferences dialog to transfer your settings from one system to the other.

Let me know if that solves the problem.

-Kirk

Offline tp

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2010, 03:40:48 PM »
Thanks Kirk.  There are some differences; I'll do some further checking and let you know.
Thanks, Tim

Offline tp

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2010, 04:14:04 PM »
I synched the settings and problem is solved.  Once again, your support is wonderful.
Thanks, Tim