Author Topic: Adding Keywords  (Read 3555 times)

Offline gnomus

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Adding Keywords
« on: October 19, 2010, 02:44:44 AM »
I have spent some time keywording a number of images.  However, I neglected to add an important keyword.  I would now like to add that one word to most of the images.  Not all the images have the same keywords so taking and pasting a snapshot will not work.  Is there a way of adding 1 (or more) keywords to a selection of differently keyworded images?

Thank you

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Adding Keywords
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2010, 07:00:41 AM »
I have spent some time keywording a number of images.  However, I neglected to add an important keyword.  I would now like to add that one word to most of the images.  Not all the images have the same keywords so taking and pasting a snapshot will not work.  Is there a way of adding 1 (or more) keywords to a selection of differently keyworded images?

Yes, use the IPTC Stationery Pad.  Clear out all unwanted fields (or at least uncheck the 'Apply' checkboxes to the left of each field you don't want changed.)  Enter the one keyword you want to add into the Keywords field.  The apply checkbox will automatically be set.  Now set the 'Append' checkbox (the one with a '+' near it) for the Keywords field.  Now apply the IPTC Stationery Pad to your images.

They should all now have the keyword appended to their current set of keywords.

HTH,

-Kirk

Offline gnomus

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Adding Keywords
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2010, 03:57:02 PM »
Thanks.  That worked.  
« Last Edit: October 20, 2010, 04:04:19 PM by gnomus »