Author Topic: Image preprocessing error when saving as JPG for Photshelter  (Read 3246 times)

Offline ron_hiner

• View Profile
Image preprocessing error when saving as JPG for Photshelter
« on: October 10, 2010, 01:32:31 PM »
I have 50 or so RAW images that I want to convert to JPGs and upload to my Photoshelter account.

Some of them go, but  I get a bunch with this error... {filename}[error: Image Preprocessing (save as JPEG) failed.]

I shut down PM and restarted, and tried again resending the ones that failed first time around,  a bunch went, and a bunch got that same error.   I'd post the PM log, but that has stuff in there (like my email address, and perhaps my PS account info) which I really don't want to post for Google to find.

If i try to resend those that failed the first time, I get a dialog that just flashes -- disappears too fast to read it.   I have to restart PM to attempt a resend.

If I just do a Save As to JPEG, that works fine.    It's only when I save as JPEG in the Photoshelter upload dialog that I have problem.

I'm running PM 4.6.4 on Mac OSX 10.6.4

« Last Edit: October 10, 2010, 01:34:02 PM by ron_hiner »

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Image preprocessing error when saving as JPG for Photshelter
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2010, 04:29:43 PM »
I have 50 or so RAW images that I want to convert to JPGs and upload to my Photoshelter account.

Some of them go, but  I get a bunch with this error... {filename}[error: Image Preprocessing (save as JPEG) failed.]

I shut down PM and restarted, and tried again resending the ones that failed first time around,  a bunch went, and a bunch got that same error.   I'd post the PM log, but that has stuff in there (like my email address, and perhaps my PS account info) which I really don't want to post for Google to find.

If i try to resend those that failed the first time, I get a dialog that just flashes -- disappears too fast to read it.   I have to restart PM to attempt a resend.

If I just do a Save As to JPEG, that works fine.    It's only when I save as JPEG in the Photoshelter upload dialog that I have problem.

I'm running PM 4.6.4 on Mac OSX 10.6.4

Please contact me privately.  I'm going to need those details and I won't share them with anyone else.

-Kirk

Offline manitou22

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2013, 03:48:59 PM »
This has also been happening to me a lot today, I am only getting about 75% of the images up to photoshelter and now need to go back through the logs to try again.  Will restart and see if that helps.  Uploading jpegs from D800 NEF files, Mac Snow Leopard.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2013, 04:40:31 PM »
This has also been happening to me a lot today, I am only getting about 75% of the images up to photoshelter and now need to go back through the logs to try again.  Will restart and see if that helps.  Uploading jpegs from D800 NEF files, Mac Snow Leopard.

Make sure your Memory Cache isn't too large.  D800 images take up a tremendous amount of memory once decoded and if an image doesn't fit into memory an error will occur.

If your Memory Cache is over 512 MB, then make it 512 MB or less.

-Kirk