Author Topic: Right click to close tab  (Read 4569 times)

Offline jwvaughn

• Retired programmer
    • View Profile
Right click to close tab
« on: October 12, 2010, 01:41:37 PM »

I would like to be able to right click on a Contact Sheet Tab and have the option of closing that tab.  When I have a lot open, it would simplify closing those I don't need.

Jerry

Offline Woodie

• View Profile
Re: Right click to close tab
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2010, 04:22:06 PM »
I guess I'm just a keyboard person, but Ctrl-W seems faster than right click, selecting close, and clicking again.  But your suggestion would add an optional way to close a tab.

Offline jwvaughn

• Retired programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2010, 06:48:18 PM »
I guess I'm just a keyboard person, but Ctrl-W seems faster than right click, selecting close, and clicking again.  But your suggestion would add an optional way to close a tab.

How do you close them in a more or less random order with ^W?  I'm always having to select the tab I want to close hence the request.

Jerry

Offline Woodie

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2010, 05:20:46 AM »
You still need to select the tab you want to close but then its just Ctrl-W instead of right-click, scroll to select delete tab option, click.  It's just a personal preference: when available, I like keyboard shortcuts.  They just seem faster to me than multiple clicks.  Most of the keyboard shortcuts I use in PM are left-handed operations so it's one hand on the mouse (actually a trackball in my case, another personal preference) and the other on the keyboard.  You need to understand I've been using personal computers since 1983, long before the point-and-click days of the mouse.  Hard to break away from the keyboard completely.  I'm sure others would like to see the option you suggest and the more ways to do something the better as far as I'm concerned.  Just don't take away my keyboard ;)

Offline jwvaughn

• Retired programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2010, 07:55:10 AM »

.....  Just don't take away my keyboard ;)

Amen to that!

I'm kinda binary about the keyboard and mouse in that I tend to use one or the other.  Photoshop is only app I can think of where I mix and match. Perhaps I need to expand that...  :)

Jerry