Author Topic: Fast Copy Option  (Read 4671 times)

Offline scarleton

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Fast Copy Option
« on: September 09, 2006, 07:40:18 AM »
I learned of another program (http://www.irfanview.com/), a free one, which has a really cool feature that I think you could really expand on.  This program allows you to set up 10 different copy directories.  These are directories that at a press of two keys will copy the current image to the selected directory.

I would love to see the idea expanded so that the directories can be relative to the current directory.  Here is the workflow (use case) what I would *LOVE* to see possible with PM:

Setup:
1: press a function key (F8) to display the dialog with the copy directories
2: on one of ten lines enter the path to the copy directory.  The directory can be a relative

Usage:
1: Select one or more images
2: press the function key (F8)
3: press the number key [0-9] that is associate with directory in which you want the file(s) copied to.
4: if the directory is relative and does not exist, the user is prompted to create the directory

What I am doing is putting all the images from a shoot into one directory, pick out the good images and move the rest to a directory called "trash" under the initial directory.  Then after my customer comes over and picks the images to order, I copy those into a directory called "order" under the initial directory.

Sam

Offline Nick Rains

• View Profile
Re: Fast Copy Option
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2006, 05:56:17 PM »
I, too, used to use this feature in IrfanView and thought it very useful. You can whiz through images, pulling out the ones you want to keep as copies in new folder.

However, when you think about it, there is very little functional difference between using the tagging feature in PM and then copying all tagged images to a new folder. Combined with the color classes PM simply offers a more flexible method of achieving the same ends.
Nick Rains