Author Topic: Two versions of metadata  (Read 2876 times)

jla

Two versions of metadata
« on: October 18, 2010, 02:48:27 PM »
I posted about this over 6 months and am still looking for a solution. My photos were mainly annotated using MediaDex before I bought Photo Mechanic so I assume that's where the problem comes from. MediaDex is no more.

I have two versions of metadata that I can see clearly using ExifTool, as well as in the Windows 7 Photo Gallery tag list. The old version does not show up in Photo Mechanic though. In ExifTool it's listed as ApplicationRecordVersion 2 (the old stuff) and ApplicatonRecordVersion 3 (the 'correct' version).

ExifTool will not save the changes if I try to delete it. The old tags show up in Windows 7 Search which is mainly why I'd like to get rid of it, and it clutters up the view in ExifTool.

Is there some way to get rid of it?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Two versions of metadata
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2010, 02:34:24 PM »
I posted about this over 6 months and am still looking for a solution. My photos were mainly annotated using MediaDex before I bought Photo Mechanic so I assume that's where the problem comes from. MediaDex is no more.

I have two versions of metadata that I can see clearly using ExifTool, as well as in the Windows 7 Photo Gallery tag list. The old version does not show up in Photo Mechanic though. In ExifTool it's listed as ApplicationRecordVersion 2 (the old stuff) and ApplicatonRecordVersion 3 (the 'correct' version).

ExifTool will not save the changes if I try to delete it. The old tags show up in Windows 7 Search which is mainly why I'd like to get rid of it, and it clutters up the view in ExifTool.

Is there some way to get rid of it?

I don't know if it is possible or not.  If you can provide a sample image, I can look into it for you.  Use the 'Additional Options...' link when you're composing your reply to this message and there you'll be able to upload your sample file.

Thanks,

-Kirk

jla

Re: Two versions of metadata
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2010, 03:36:46 PM »
Thanks, it's already been solved. I took it out using ExifToolGUI.