Author Topic: Damaged Photoshop Data  (Read 3616 times)

Offline 8bit Barry

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Damaged Photoshop Data
« on: October 19, 2010, 01:20:52 AM »
http://forums.camerabits.com/index.php?topic=3725.0

Regarding this post which I found through Google. My friend has been using the 4.5.3.2 version on his Mac to access files on my PC via a network and now all my images have the "Some of the data appears to be damaged' error message, just like the user in this post above.

I have 4.6.6 and I have ticked the box mentioned in Preferences > Files to solve the problem and its not working, all the images still have this corruption alert when opening in Photoshop. I have also selected images and used the 'Update IPTC / XMP' function in the Tools command, hoping this may rectify the problem and its hasnt. Every image has the DPI reading issue mentioned above.

Can you please help be identify what it is I have to do to repair the data in each file.

This problem now makes Photoshop Actions unusable as the process is interrupted on opening the file and stops the action with the alert.   

Barry
« Last Edit: October 19, 2010, 02:24:25 AM by 8bit Barry »

Offline dennis

• President
  • Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Damaged Photoshop Data
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2010, 10:31:50 AM »
Barry,

Is there any reason your friend is using 4.5.3.2 instead of 4.5.4?  It is a free update from 4.5.x.

I will contact you directly about uploading a file to us so I can take a look at it.

--dennis