Author Topic: 4.6.6 Color Class issues with Capture NX  (Read 3171 times)

Offline bmaphis

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
4.6.6 Color Class issues with Capture NX
« on: October 20, 2010, 05:49:07 PM »
After installing 4.6.6 (from 4.6.5), I can't seem to get color classes to be recognized in Capture NX 2.  I did not have this issue in 4.6.5. 

Conditions:
Color class applied in PM, NX does not recognize
Color class applied in PM, NEF edited in NX and saved, CC is overwritten with blank / none
Color class "label" applied in NX, PM displays correctly

Anything I can try or double-check? 

Thanks,
Windows 7, PM 4.6.6

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: 4.6.6 Color Class issues with Capture NX
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2010, 07:51:17 PM »
After installing 4.6.6 (from 4.6.5), I can't seem to get color classes to be recognized in Capture NX 2.  I did not have this issue in 4.6.5. 

Conditions:
Color class applied in PM, NX does not recognize
Color class applied in PM, NEF edited in NX and saved, CC is overwritten with blank / none
Color class "label" applied in NX, PM displays correctly

Anything I can try or double-check? 

Thanks,
Windows 7, PM 4.6.6

Are you embedding IPTC4XMP into your TIFF-based RAW files?  Are you having soft-edits (tag, color class, and rating) written to IPTC/XMP for all photos?

The first setting is in the IPTC/XMP tab of the Preferences dialog, and the second setting is in the Files tab of the Preferences dialog.

-Kirk

Offline bmaphis

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2010, 04:19:07 PM »
Verified those settings.  Trying to do some more testing as it's behaving inconsistently.  i.e., there's been a couple of instances where I apply a cc, then open in NX, save edits, and upon the refresh in PM the cc is retained.  Mostly, it's still overwritten however. 

Thanks, Ben

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2010, 04:21:48 PM »
Ben,

Verified those settings.  Trying to do some more testing as it's behaving inconsistently.  i.e., there's been a couple of instances where I apply a cc, then open in NX, save edits, and upon the refresh in PM the cc is retained.  Mostly, it's still overwritten however.

If you'd like to share some sample images (before and after if possible), I'd be happy to look into the files and see what's going on.  Please click on my name to the left of this message, then click on the 'personal message' link.  I will respond with upload instructions.

Thanks,

-Kirk