Author Topic: Uploading to SmugMug - Sub Categories  (Read 3456 times)

Offline PhotoWagon

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Uploading to SmugMug - Sub Categories
« on: October 28, 2010, 09:13:34 PM »

I think the PM Uploader option is fantastic and saves me alot of time but I would like to see the option made available to upload directly to a "sub category" within my smugmug galleries

At the moment, the PM uploader finds Galleries in user accounts but not sub-categories within those galleries.
A way around this direct from PM would be very useful to alot of users.

Would love to know your thoughts.
Cheers
Ash

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Uploading to SmugMug - Sub Categories
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2010, 09:33:13 PM »
Ash,

I think the PM Uploader option is fantastic and saves me alot of time but I would like to see the option made available to upload directly to a "sub category" within my smugmug galleries

At the moment, the PM uploader finds Galleries in user accounts but not sub-categories within those galleries.
A way around this direct from PM would be very useful to alot of users.

At some point we'll spiff up some of the uploaders.  Right now we're pretty busy working on some important new features for Photo Mechanic.

-Kirk

Offline PhotoWagon

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2010, 03:32:50 AM »
Thanks Kirk.

We shoot motorsport and each race meeting can have up to 10 different classes racing at any one event.

SmugMug allows us to create a Main Gallery ( * The Event ) and then further sub categories with that main gallery
 (*the racing classes)

>THE EVENT ( Main)
      >Class 1  | >Class 2 | >Class 3  etc ( Sub Galleries)

With the current PM Uploader we can create and upload images directly into a top level gallery (* The Event)
We are not able choose previously made subs (created through SM) or create new sub gals (*racing classes) within the event gallery from PM.

So instead of creating one Event which holds 10 sub galleries, we having to make what would be a sub gallery into a main or top level gallery, creates alot of top levels from the same event.

hope this makes sense...

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2010, 06:41:10 AM »
Thanks Kirk.

We shoot motorsport and each race meeting can have up to 10 different classes racing at any one event.

SmugMug allows us to create a Main Gallery ( * The Event ) and then further sub categories with that main gallery
 (*the racing classes)

>THE EVENT ( Main)
      >Class 1  | >Class 2 | >Class 3  etc ( Sub Galleries)

With the current PM Uploader we can create and upload images directly into a top level gallery (* The Event)
We are not able choose previously made subs (created through SM) or create new sub gals (*racing classes) within the event gallery from PM.

So instead of creating one Event which holds 10 sub galleries, we having to make what would be a sub gallery into a main or top level gallery, creates alot of top levels from the same event.

hope this makes sense...

Yes, it does.

-Kirk