Author Topic: Ingest Bug in Version 4.6.6  (Read 11589 times)

Offline Jan

• View Profile
Ingest Bug in Version 4.6.6
« on: October 30, 2010, 08:11:54 AM »
I have following Problem, I ingested from two cards both starting with filenumber 0001, on the first card where the first pictures RAW only. On the second card all files where jpg. Ingest of the first Card went fine, when i ingest the second card the seqenz variable started again by 0001 and I got the jpg connected to the raw file then the other jpgs would get an A to the Filenumber like 0025A.

Regards Faas

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Ingest Bug in Version 4.6.6
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2010, 08:31:25 AM »
Faas,

I have following Problem, I ingested from two cards both starting with filenumber 0001, on the first card where the first pictures RAW only. On the second card all files where jpg. Ingest of the first Card went fine, when i ingest the second card the seqenz variable started again by 0001 and I got the jpg connected to the raw file then the other jpgs would get an A to the Filenumber like 0025A.

Thanks.  We'll look into the issue.

-Kirk

Offline Jan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2010, 08:55:28 AM »
Hello Kirk,
it seems that PM 4.6.6 is also forgetting the {seqn} variable after shut down, i started for a prober ingest with 0392 it ingested me the files to 0608. Then i shut down my system, then i started again ingesting new files in the same folder, but the {seqn} variable was not 0608 it remaind on 0392 an all files get a A again at the end of the name.

Best regards Faas

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2010, 09:11:19 AM »
Faas,

it seems that PM 4.6.6 is also forgetting the {seqn} variable after shut down, i started for a prober ingest with 0392 it ingested me the files to 0608. Then i shut down my system, then i started again ingesting new files in the same folder, but the {seqn} variable was not 0608 it remaind on 0392 an all files get a A again at the end of the name.

What OS are you running?

-Kirk

Offline Jan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2010, 09:13:08 AM »
Windows 7 Ultimate 32Bit

I hope this helps.

Faas

Offline pjs

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2010, 06:31:55 AM »
I have the same ingest problem!
PM 4.6.6 with OS X 10.6.4

Offline dean

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2010, 12:44:00 AM »
it seems that PM 4.6.6 is also forgetting the {seqn} variable after shut down...

I'm getting the same issue but it's not just on a shutdown.
I've just shot my second weekend worth of events with 4.6.6 and I've had the ingress {seqn} issue on both of them.  The strange thing is...  sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.
Sometimes I'll put in a card and notice that the ingress screen has popped up and the sequence number has increased to one greater than the last image number (the correct behavious).  Sometimes the screen will pop and the sequence will be the same as the starting number of the previous ingress (this causes a duplicate numbering and the addition of lots of 'A' versions).  I thought it was related to using alternating flash cards, but I've seen it with just one card now.

At the last game I resorted to setting the seqn numbers by hand on each ingress.  It worked fine for me on 4.6.5.

I've thought about getting some screen shots, but I'm always on deadline.

Dean

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2010, 06:17:00 AM »
Dean,

it seems that PM 4.6.6 is also forgetting the {seqn} variable after shut down...

I'm getting the same issue but it's not just on a shutdown.
I've just shot my second weekend worth of events with 4.6.6 and I've had the Ingest {seqn} issue on both of them.  The strange thing is...  sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.
Sometimes I'll put in a card and notice that the Ingest screen has popped up and the sequence number has increased to one greater than the last image number (the correct behavious).  Sometimes the screen will pop and the sequence will be the same as the starting number of the previous Ingest (this causes a duplicate numbering and the addition of lots of 'A' versions).  I thought it was related to using alternating flash cards, but I've seen it with just one card now.

At the last game I resorted to setting the seqn numbers by hand on each Ingest.  It worked fine for me on 4.6.5.

I've thought about getting some screen shots, but I'm always on deadline.

No need for screen shots.  The original poster helped me find the cause and I made some changes to how the sequence number is saved.  He tells me that the problem is solved.

A fix is on the way.

-Kirk

Offline dean

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2010, 01:27:27 AM »

A fix is on the way.

-Kirk

Love ya work.  =)

Offline Gray

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2010, 04:14:35 PM »
Great. Can't wait.  Same thing happening on my Mac. 

Offline Sven

• Uber Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2010, 10:35:09 PM »
same here
After 5 years of absence I restarted the photography.

Offline dean

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2010, 05:03:51 PM »

A fix is on the way.

Any word on when a fixed version is due?  I'm trying to decide if I should hold out of roll back to 4.6.5?

Dean

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2010, 09:07:00 PM »
The Ingest {seqn} issue is resolved in the 4.6.7 beta version:

http://forums.camerabits.com/index.php?topic=6072.0

-Kirk