Author Topic: Watermarks not functioning during web page creation  (Read 8818 times)

Offline Cosi

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Watermarks not functioning during web page creation
« on: September 13, 2006, 12:08:48 PM »
Hi;
I had emailed you about this before the latest release, at which point the watermarks were coming out tiny, no matter what font you set.
When the new release came out the watermarks stopped functioning all together.
I've tried creating web pages with the copyright info and with the credit info to be used for the watermark but neither works.
Can you let me know what’s happening with this?
I'm running a MAC.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Watermarks not functioning during web page creation
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2006, 04:19:57 PM »
Hi;
I had emailed you about this before the latest release, at which point the watermarks were coming out tiny, no matter what font you set.
When the new release came out the watermarks stopped functioning all together.
I've tried creating web pages with the copyright info and with the credit info to be used for the watermark but neither works.
Can you let me know what’s happening with this?
I'm running a MAC.

It should be fixed in 4.4.3.3.  I can get a beta to you if you want to make sure it is working for you.  Contact me privately for server download information.

-Kirk

Offline Cosi

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2006, 08:16:11 PM »
Hi ;
I downloaded the latest version beta 4.4.3.3 and tried the watermark function,  it still seems  that it's not working....any info?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2006, 09:55:06 PM »
I downloaded the latest version beta 4.4.3.3 and tried the watermark function,  it still seems  that it's not working....any info?

Tell me how to reproduce the problem and I'll see what I can do.

-Kirk

Offline Cosi

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2006, 02:18:52 PM »
I think I've found the problem. It has to do with the sliders in the dialogue box for the watermark variables. Unless the Dimensions height and width slider are maxed at 75% - the watermark, when it does show up - is very small or non existent depending on the position of the slider. Don't know what affect the indent slider has but am not seeing any difference from changing it's position.  With the sliders maxed I have been able to get the watermark to appear now, at 75%. Seems as though any other setting makes the watermark small without any relation to the percentage you picked or just not appear at all.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2006, 02:52:21 PM »
I think I've found the problem. It has to do with the sliders in the dialogue box for the watermark variables. Unless the Dimensions height and width slider are maxed at 75% - the watermark, when it does show up - is very small or non existent depending on the position of the slider. Don't know what affect the indent slider has but am not seeing any difference from changing it's position.  With the sliders maxed I have been able to get the watermark to appear now, at 75%. Seems as though any other setting makes the watermark small without any relation to the percentage you picked or just not appear at all.

Are you using the 4.4.3.3 beta?  What size are your images?  Please tell me as much detail (heck, post a screenshot of the HTML Export dialog) as you can so I can reproduce what you are seeing.

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline Cosi

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2006, 03:44:05 PM »
Yes I'm running the latest beta. Image size for the web page I usually set at 350 or 450. source images are 1.9mb in this instance. Here's a screen shot.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2006, 06:06:30 PM »
Yes I'm running the latest beta. Image size for the web page I usually set at 350 or 450. source images are 1.9mb in this instance. Here's a screen shot.

Those are really small images.  If the text is long (I see you are putting everything on one line) then the font needs to be small, and there is a limit to how small it is allowed to be (5 pt. minimum).

So the algorithm works like so:

(destination image width - inset%) * watermark width% = the watermark maximum width
(destination image height - inset%) * watermark height% = the watermark maximum height

Then the font starts out very large and decreases until the text fits that box, both in the width and the height, or until the font is too small to be legible.

On an 800x600 image, the watermarks are quite legible.  Why 350 or 450?

-Kirk

Offline Cosi

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2006, 05:28:02 PM »
I generally don't want my previews to be too big. When you mentioned 800x600 sizes it did remind me of the one thing I still like about Fotostation (not that I'd ever want to use that program ever again) - they had a feature that allowed you to set up web pages that contained a link to the full size image. So you would have thumbs, prevs, AND a downloadable full size file if you wanted to make it available to a client, which once in a while was a very handy feature to have available. Essentially it allows you to create agency style web pages. Any plan on adding this feature, or is there a way to do it now? Another thing I liked about that feature was that if I gave a client a disk with the  hi res files it allowed me to create a web page they could interact with that made it easy for them to find the hi-res. file they were looking for.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2006, 08:54:28 PM »
I generally don't want my previews to be too big. When you mentioned 800x600 sizes it did remind me of the one thing I still like about Fotostation (not that I'd ever want to use that program ever again) - they had a feature that allowed you to set up web pages that contained a link to the full size image. So you would have thumbs, prevs, AND a downloadable full size file if you wanted to make it available to a client, which once in a while was a very handy feature to have available. Essentially it allows you to create agency style web pages. Any plan on adding this feature, or is there a way to do it now? Another thing I liked about that feature was that if I gave a client a disk with the  hi res files it allowed me to create a web page they could interact with that made it easy for them to find the hi-res. file they were looking for.

The next version of the HTML exporter will be entirely programable. We will provide several templates that you can copy and customize and if you want, you can write your own.

-Kirk