Author Topic: Multiple File Preview  (Read 2409 times)

Offline mklass

• View Profile
    • Mick Klass Photography
Multiple File Preview
« on: January 04, 2011, 06:00:00 PM »
I am using the preview window to compare 2 images side-by-side or one over the other. Knowing the file name is important to selecting the the correct images.

When using the preview window, long filenames get shortened in the filmstrip. Is there a way this can be set up so moving the mouse over the name expands it, or multi-line display were possible?

Alternately, could you implement a way to select 2 files in the thumbnail windows, then have them appear side by side or top to bottom in the  preview window?

Mick

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Multiple File Preview
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2011, 07:34:01 PM »
Mick,

I am using the preview window to compare 2 images side-by-side or one over the other. Knowing the file name is important to selecting the the correct images.

When using the preview window, long filenames get shortened in the filmstrip. Is there a way this can be set up so moving the mouse over the name expands it, or multi-line display were possible?

Alternately, could you implement a way to select 2 files in the thumbnail windows, then have them appear side by side or top to bottom in the  preview window?

How would that help with the filename length issue?

-Kirk

Offline mklass

• View Profile
    • Mick Klass Photography
Re: Multiple File Preview
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2011, 08:48:01 PM »
In the thumbnail window, I can size the thumbnails to see the full file name underneath, or use the info tooltips to display the file name. In the preview window the thumbnails are not big enough to display the whole name on one line.

Mick