Author Topic: E-MAIL  (Read 3208 times)

Offline funky

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« on: November 11, 2010, 01:37:18 AM »
I am running 4.6.6 on Windows XP. When I first purchased PM in 2007, v 4.4.3.3, I was able to set up several e-mails at a time as some of my customers prefer small batches of 3/4 pics. When I upgraded to 4.5.4, this facility had gone and I had to wait until one batch had gone before setting up and sending another. After tearing my hair out for the last year, I bit the bullet and purchased an upgrade only to find that the new version is the same. Is there any way to get round this?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: E-MAIL
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2010, 06:47:45 AM »
I am running 4.6.6 on Windows XP. When I first purchased PM in 2007, v 4.4.3.3, I was able to set up several e-mails at a time as some of my customers prefer small batches of 3/4 pics. When I upgraded to 4.5.4, this facility had gone and I had to wait until one batch had gone before setting up and sending another. After tearing my hair out for the last year, I bit the bullet and purchased an upgrade only to find that the new version is the same. Is there any way to get round this?

Do you have 3-4 pictures selected when you issue the Send Photos via email command?  It should work just fine.  Works for me, I use it that way all of the time.  Are you using the command from the File menu, or a contextual menu?

-Kirk

Offline funky

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2010, 08:34:33 AM »
Hi Kirk,
Yes I select 3/4 pics and then send.The problem is previously, I could compose several e mails by hitting the left hand tag in the top right box which collapsed it to the bottom bar and go on to the next one. This would let me have five or six e mails which I could then click on send and get out to the next job. The tag doesn't work on this version and I either have to wait until one is sent and then compose the next one or do it via Outlook express which is time consuming as well.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2010, 10:42:07 AM »
Yes I select 3/4 pics and then send.The problem is previously, I could compose several e mails by hitting the left hand tag in the top right box which collapsed it to the bottom bar and go on to the next one. This would let me have five or six e mails which I could then click on send and get out to the next job. The tag doesn't work on this version and I either have to wait until one is sent and then compose the next one or do it via Outlook express which is time consuming as well.

What is this 'left hand tag' that you're talking about?  Screenshots are helpful in this regard.  You can post one with your reply by clicking on the 'Additional Options...' link while you're composing your reply.

-Kirk

Offline funky

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2010, 04:43:31 AM »
Hi Kirk,
I've attached a screen shot. The box I am talking about is next to the pointer.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2010, 06:11:16 AM »
I've attached a screen shot. The box I am talking about is next to the pointer.

Do you mean the 'minimize' button just to the right of the mouse cursor in your screen shot?

-Kirk

Offline funky

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2010, 11:35:04 AM »
Thats the one Kirk. As you can see, its grey not black and dosen't work for some strange reason. It works ok in Outlook Express but the function is lost in PM.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2010, 07:39:20 PM »
Thats the one Kirk. As you can see, its grey not black and dosen't work for some strange reason. It works ok in Outlook Express but the function is lost in PM.

I have no idea why Outlook Express is disabling the minimize button, but PM has absolutely no control over the situation.  PM isn't creating that window, Outlook Express is creating it.

But you're saying that PM 4.4.3.3 does 'cause' Outlook Express to enable the minimize button?  Are you certain that the behavior change wasn't coincident with a new Outlook Express version?

-Kirk

Offline funky

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2010, 08:10:44 AM »
Hi Kirk

Doesn't look like there is anything other than to re-install  Outlook and try again. I can't even compare it on my laptop because I use Windows 7 with Mozilla Thunderbird and that brings up an error message about Mapi. Thanks  for trying.