Author Topic: Add previous caption  (Read 4688 times)

Offline SamFrost

• View Profile
    • Sam Frost Photography
Add previous caption
« on: October 27, 2010, 08:56:58 AM »
Would it be possible to add a "Previous" button to the IPTC Info window?  I'm thinking of when I'm working through photos adding captions (not batch applying, but going through adding names and details to individual photos) and it sometimes I have a couple of images that need the same caption.  I can use the copy and paste buttons, but more often than not I'm already on the second photo when I realise I needed to copy the last one.  A button that simply applies the IPTC  from the previous image would be very useful.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Add previous caption
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2010, 09:55:13 AM »
Sam,

Would it be possible to add a "Previous" button to the IPTC Info window?  I'm thinking of when I'm working through photos adding captions (not batch applying, but going through adding names and details to individual photos) and it sometimes I have a couple of images that need the same caption.  I can use the copy and paste buttons, but more often than not I'm already on the second photo when I realise I needed to copy the last one.  A button that simply applies the IPTC  from the previous image would be very useful.

And it would copy and paste everything?

-Kirk

Offline SamFrost

• View Profile
    • Sam Frost Photography
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2010, 03:15:43 PM »
Caption and keywords are the main things, but to paste everything would make most sense and avoid confusion.  I'm imagining it as a faster, very specific version of the IPTC snapshot that can be taken and pasted from the contextual menu in the contact sheet.

Offline mklass

• View Profile
    • Mick Klass Photography
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2010, 08:17:38 PM »
In these circumstances, I find it is pretty fast and effect to use the navigation buttons in the IPTC Info dialog to go back to the previous picture, hit the copy button, and the go forward to the next image and hit the paste button. Yeah, it's a few mouse clicks, but it only takes 2 seconds.

Mick
« Last Edit: November 03, 2010, 08:25:26 PM by Kirk Baker »

Offline SamFrost

• View Profile
    • Sam Frost Photography
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2010, 04:03:32 AM »
That's what I do at the moment, but a quicker way would be welcome.  I'd rather see the cataloging features first though :)

Offline vAfotoriporter

• Uber Member
    • View Profile
    • Attila Volgyi photojournalist
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2010, 12:34:44 AM »
Adding a button to Copy previous IPTC could be helpful. Maybe copying only those fields marked in the IPTC Stationery Pad to be inserted? I keep a lot of fields specific to the field they are used in (storing previous and actual filenames for further renaming purposes) and I don't want to loose them due such a feature, but copying the previous could be helpful.
Working on Mac, OSX, iOS and with some Canons.
Allways shooting RAW.

http://www.volgyiattila.com