Author Topic: Option to pad sub seconds with 00 for cameras that don't support the value  (Read 4191 times)

Offline Alan W. Smith

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • alanwsmith.com
I'm running:
Mac OSX 10.6.4
Photo Mechanic 4.6.6
4GB RAM

I love the ability to add finer control of the file names down to the subsecond with {ssec} and {timesortlong}. The only issue I'm running into with it comes from using multiple cameras. Some support the value and some don't. The results is that I get some filename like:

20101112-img-17023244.cr2
from cameras that support the value, but:

20101112-img-170232.cr2
from cameras that don't.

I'd like to request a new variable that will use the subsecond value from cameras that provide it, but pad "00" in the sub second location for any camera that doesn't. (Thus, turning the second example from above into: 20101112-img-17023200.cr2)

The main reason I'm interested in this it to try to keep sorting by file name working properly in a directory that has images from both types of camera.

Thanks for your consideration,

-Alan

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Option to pad sub seconds with 00 for cameras that don't support the value
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2010, 04:54:46 PM »
Alan,

I love the ability to add finer control of the file names down to the subsecond with {ssec} and {timesortlong}. The only issue I'm running into with it comes from using multiple cameras. Some support the value and some don't. The results is that I get some filename like:

20101112-img-17023244.cr2
from cameras that support the value, but:

20101112-img-170232.cr2
from cameras that don't.

I'd like to request a new variable that will use the subsecond value from cameras that provide it, but pad "00" in the sub second location for any camera that doesn't. (Thus, turning the second example from above into: 20101112-img-17023200.cr2)

The main reason I'm interested in this it to try to keep sorting by file name working properly in a directory that has images from both types of camera.

Rather than add a new variable I'd prefer to have an option to have subseconds evaluate to 00 when it doesn't exist.

-Kirk

Offline Alan W. Smith

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • alanwsmith.com
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2010, 06:46:52 PM »
Ah, right on. That would be great. Just a single variable and it would always output something. If it has valid data, use it. If not, output "00". That would work like a champ.

Offline Hayo Baan

• Uber Member
  • Professional Photographer & Software Developer
    • View Profile
    • Hayo Baan - Photography
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2010, 11:59:50 PM »
I second his request.

Thanks,
    Hayo
Hayo Baan - Photography
Web: www.hayobaan.nl