Author Topic: Open RAW or JPG option in contact sheet  (Read 3477 times)

Offline jakedai

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Open RAW or JPG option in contact sheet
« on: November 03, 2010, 12:03:44 PM »
I'm often editing photos for different outputs - web, stock submissions, client final proof, etc. - and sometimes want to open just the JPG of a RAW+JPG file, and sometimes need to open the RAW for more in-depth editing. However, I am always viewing a contact sheet in combined RAW+JPG view to keep things simpler and sheets smaller.

What I would love as a feature is to be able to right-click a given image and rather than just have the "Edit photo" command, have 2 options: "Edit JPG" and "Edit RAW". I know I can switch file handling in the options/preferences, but since I switch back and forth multiple times in a session between which file type I want to edit, it would be extremely handy to have this in a right-click menu.

FWIW, I'm on Windows 7, 6 GB RAM, and using a Drobo.

Thanks!

Jake

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Open RAW or JPG option in contact sheet
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2010, 12:25:10 PM »
Jake,

I'm often editing photos for different outputs - web, stock submissions, client final proof, etc. - and sometimes want to open just the JPG of a RAW+JPG file, and sometimes need to open the RAW for more in-depth editing. However, I am always viewing a contact sheet in combined RAW+JPG view to keep things simpler and sheets smaller.

What I would love as a feature is to be able to right-click a given image and rather than just have the "Edit photo" command, have 2 options: "Edit JPG" and "Edit RAW". I know I can switch file handling in the options/preferences, but since I switch back and forth multiple times in a session between which file type I want to edit, it would be extremely handy to have this in a right-click menu.

FWIW, I'm on Windows 7, 6 GB RAM, and using a Drobo.

Holding down the 'Modifier Key' (Shift on Windows, Option on Mac OS X) it will edit the opposite of your preference.

HTH,

-Kirk

Offline mklass

• View Profile
    • Mick Klass Photography
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2010, 08:11:45 PM »
Kirk,

You are a "shifty" guy. I never knew this! I love finding out about the "hidden" features of PM. No wonder I love this program.

Mick

Offline jakedai

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2010, 09:30:27 AM »
Hi Kirk,

Awesome - works like a charm with Shift - Control - E on windows.

Thanks!!

-Jake