Author Topic: Way to set PM up so that it keeps color flag info into LR from BOTH my 5d+5d2?  (Read 1899 times)

Offline cliffmarck

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Hey guys,

I'm just a trial user right now and am super impressed by the speed of PM when culling. I prefer to keep and import all of my raw files to lightroom after the culling process. I do this just in case I need one of the other files after the fact, it will save a few steps in my workflow.

I've set up the IPTC/XMP preferences and changed the color labels to match LR's so that my 5d original's files transfer the color labels... but to my dismay, my 5d mark two's files do not.

Are there certain settings that will allow the color labels to transfer for both at the same time?

Thanks so much in advance!

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Hey guys,

I'm just a trial user right now and am super impressed by the speed of PM when culling. I prefer to keep and import all of my raw files to lightroom after the culling process. I do this just in case I need one of the other files after the fact, it will save a few steps in my workflow.

I've set up the IPTC/XMP preferences and changed the color labels to match LR's so that my 5d original's files transfer the color labels... but to my dismay, my 5d mark two's files do not.

Are there certain settings that will allow the color labels to transfer for both at the same time?

Thanks so much in advance!

I'm not sure how that's possible.  The two cameras both make .CR2 RAW files, and the settings that you have chosen should apply equally to all TIFF-based RAW files (like CR2s and NEFs).  Can you post a screenshot of your Files tab and IPTC/XMP tab of the Preferences dialog?  Use the 'Additional Options...' link when you're composing your reply and there you can upload JPEG screenshots.

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline cliffmarck

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Well... I could have sworn it didn't work the first and second times I tried it but now both cameras flags are transferring perfectly fine to LR.

Thanks so much for the quick response. I'll definitely be purchasing PM at the end of my trial. Great product + CS!