Author Topic: Structured keywords help needed  (Read 2250 times)

Offline heavymeister

• View Profile
Structured keywords help needed
« on: November 24, 2010, 12:44:05 AM »
Accidently postzed this in the General Discussion Forum - should fit beter here:

Hello!

Can anyone show me how to setup a text file for structured keywords?
Especially I would like to know where to place the synomyns with the { } wrappers. To get an example the user manual suggests to save out the built-in structured keywords to a new file, but I sort of have lost that file or can't find it. So I am trying to learn by doing.

Example:
- person
             man = keyword and {men} and {male} = synonyms
             woman
             boy
             girl

Where do I put the synonyms? In the same line as the keyword?

Thanks for any help,

HM

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Structured keywords help needed
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2010, 06:05:53 AM »
Accidently postzed this in the General Discussion Forum - should fit beter here:

Hello!

Can anyone show me how to setup a text file for structured keywords?
Especially I would like to know where to place the synomyns with the { } wrappers. To get an example the user manual suggests to save out the built-in structured keywords to a new file, but I sort of have lost that file or can't find it. So I am trying to learn by doing.

Example:
- person
             man = keyword and {men} and {male} = synonyms
             woman
             boy
             girl

Where do I put the synonyms? In the same line as the keyword?

It really is easier to just use the Structured Keywords dialog as your editor at first.  If you right-click in the columns, you'll get contextual menus that will let you create the various types of items, including synonyms.  Just create a few.  Then use the 'Save' button to write your file to somewhere that is easily accessible for you.  Then open that file in a text editor.  You'll see the structure right away.

HTH,

-Kirk