Author Topic: Images not loading to contact sheet  (Read 5391 times)

Offline theoubobcat

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Images not loading to contact sheet
« on: September 15, 2006, 07:36:52 AM »
I recently purchased a new MacBook Pro. I loaded PhotoShop CS 8.0 and PM 4.2.1 (I haven't had a chance yet to go online for an update). My folders of unedited images load fine; a folder of cropped and color-corrected images loads fine (files in both are JPEGs). But of the finished images, saved as uncompressed Mac TIFs, only a few grayscale and one color image will load to the contact sheet. Do I need to change some preference in either PS or PM?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Images not loading to contact sheet
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2006, 08:50:10 AM »
I recently purchased a new MacBook Pro. I loaded PhotoShop CS 8.0 and PM 4.2.1 (I haven't had a chance yet to go online for an update). My folders of unedited images load fine; a folder of cropped and color-corrected images loads fine (files in both are JPEGs). But of the finished images, saved as uncompressed Mac TIFs, only a few grayscale and one color image will load to the contact sheet. Do I need to change some preference in either PS or PM?

You're going to have to upgrade to a newer version of Photo Mechanic.  The current version is 4.4.3.2 and it has much better support for the multitude of TIFF variants.  Also, since it is a Universal Binary, version 4.4.3.2 positively flies on the MacBook Pro.

I think you'll find that the price of the upgrade is well worth it.

-Kirk

Offline theoubobcat

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2006, 10:20:28 AM »
Kirk: Okay, I loaded the update to the version you suggested. Now the TIFFs show up in the contact sheet but the colors are off. Is it because they are CMYK?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2006, 10:27:00 AM »
Kirk: Okay, I loaded the update to the version you suggested. Now the TIFFs show up in the contact sheet but the colors are off. Is it because they are CMYK?

CMYK is device dependent.  We don't handle them very well, and the documentation on how to do so is spotty at best.  Why are you using CMYK in the first place?  What is the intended destination of your CMYK conversions?

-Kirk