Author Topic: Play Sound shortcut key  (Read 5120 times)

Offline devenh

• View Profile
Play Sound shortcut key
« on: June 28, 2007, 08:15:31 AM »
In the IPTC info dialog box there is a Play sound button, but there is no shortcut key associated with it.  Since the 'A' key is associated with playing a sound file elsewhere in PM, I would suggest a shortcut like Alt+A.

It would also be great to have the option to automatically play the sound file when navigating through photos (in the the main PM window, the Preview window, IPTC window, etc.).

Deven

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Play Sound shortcut key
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2007, 10:51:33 AM »
Deven,

In the IPTC info dialog box there is a Play sound button, but there is no shortcut key associated with it.  Since the 'A' key is associated with playing a sound file elsewhere in PM, I would suggest a shortcut like Alt+A.

It would also be great to have the option to automatically play the sound file when navigating through photos (in the the main PM window, the Preview window, IPTC window, etc.).

What do you mean by "automatically play"?  When you select the photo?

-Kirk

Offline devenh

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2007, 11:04:52 AM »
By automatically play, I mean that when I move/navigate to an image that the sound is played.

For instance, when I'm in the IPTC info dialog box and editing IPTC fields and I move to the next image, then if that image has a sound file it would automatically be played.  For me, this 'auto play' feature would be most useful in the IPTC info dialog box because I am using keying into an IPTC field voice info saved in the sound file.

Thanks,

Deven

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2007, 11:12:12 AM »
Deven,

By automatically play, I mean that when I move/navigate to an image that the sound is played.

For instance, when I'm in the IPTC info dialog box and editing IPTC fields and I move to the next image, then if that image has a sound file it would automatically be played.  For me, this 'auto play' feature would be most useful in the IPTC info dialog box because I am using keying into an IPTC field voice info saved in the sound file.

I see, well if we do such a thing it will definitely have to be an optional feature.

-Kirk

Offline devenh

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2007, 11:29:34 AM »
Yes, definitely optional.

Deven

Offline FairfieldPhoto

• View Profile
    • Fairfield Photography, LLC
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2010, 06:33:59 AM »
I missed this original request when I did my archive searches. 

For my desired workflow, I don't need auto play on every instance of a sound file, just the IPTC Info pane.

-Mike