Author Topic: Sound File Auto Play  (Read 2014 times)

Offline FairfieldPhoto

• View Profile
    • Fairfield Photography, LLC
Sound File Auto Play
« on: December 01, 2010, 06:07:40 AM »
There may or may not be a lot of interest from others in this enhancement, but I would really benefit greatly from a sound recording "auto play" feature on the "ITPC Info for..." panel. 

I would like a persistant check box as part of the "Sound" function (next to the Play and Stop buttons) on the IPTC Info panel that I could check "on" and then as I am navigating from image to image, the sound would automagically play each time an image file is encountered that has an associated sound file. 

Another behavior would include auto stop of a playing sound file if you navigate away from the image before the sound is finished.

Benefits of this for my work flow would be:

- Faster processing of images since I first do a "select all images with audio", then do a "view selected images" and then go into the IPTC Info panel and set a competitor or order number in the caption field based on the number in the audio file.  With a feature like this, I can keep my fingers in the main keys to enter competitor/order numbers and only have to deal with the ALT+] key to move to the next image.
- Reduced keystrokes (no more CTRL+SHIFT+A for every sound image
- Reduced wear on my CTRL key (between PM and Photoshop, I am on my 3rd keyboard due to wear on the left CTRL key)
- Faster browsing of image sound files to find the sound files that correspond to important notes rather than general information. (OK, so this one isn't as important for me, but perhaps the press guys/gals would find value in this)

I have also written a Photoshop script that will fill in the Caption values for images without sound recordings based on the value of Caption of the image with a sound file for that series of images. With a sound "auto play", I can set the Caption values for a whole folder of images faster when coupled with my Photoshop script.  Always looking for a faster way to set the Caption field and Code Replacement.

Pretty please?

Thanks!

-Mike