Author Topic: FTP upload speed  (Read 3580 times)

Offline drewt

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
FTP upload speed
« on: September 04, 2006, 01:28:15 AM »
I just finished a two-week event and noticed that while sending images via PhotoMechanic the time it would take was considerably slower than using a third-party FTP application. To save time, after viewing images by color class, i would save the images to a folder via PM. Then start WS FTP to send the folder. Maximum upload speed was a constant 35k/sec for PM while WS FTP was sending at 80-100k/sec. Is the engine that handles FTP in PM a bit 'slower' than say Fetch, Trasmit and WS FTP? For this past assignment I was on PC and my version of PM is 4.3.8. Using WiFi 802.11G. Or is it my version that could be a tad 'slow'?

Offline Fotograaf

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: FTP upload speed
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2006, 06:40:17 AM »
I am experiencing the same thing.  I upload to several clients or associates and I am hardwired to my DSL router.  The max speed I have ever seen on the transfer rate is around 40 kb/sec.  When I do the speed test from either one of the computers attached to the network I obtain upload speeds of about 125 kb/sec, going through the same router and like drew I seem to get a faster transfer rate when my PC to transfer images to a server by using a self created network connection through Explorer.

Any input or help would be appreciated.

Dirk