Author Topic: Photo e-mailing a smaller file with caption.  (Read 4586 times)

Offline TexPix

• Newcomer
  • Smile!
    • View Profile
    • Jim Domke
Photo e-mailing a smaller file with caption.
« on: December 06, 2010, 06:47:17 AM »
After shooting a job I send a "photo mail" using PSElements to the editor/reporter that shows what photos are in the server and shows my caption information.

It's a contact sheet they use to pick main photo, or simply correct/add caption info. It's a small file and I don't have to go thru and resize everything. I think this would be a useful tool to add to Photo Mechanic for any photog to share and confirm with all involved.

Just a thought.

JGD

P.S.- PSE has to input images and create it's own database. Ugh! Any changes in PSE only effect the database thumbnail, so you need to go back to Photo Mechanic to correct spelling and add info to file.
JG Domke, 469-231-7440

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Photo e-mailing a smaller file with caption.
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2010, 07:36:21 AM »
After shooting a job I send a "photo mail" using PSElements to the editor/reporter that shows what photos are in the server and shows my caption information.

It's a contact sheet they use to pick main photo, or simply correct/add caption info. It's a small file and I don't have to go thru and resize everything. I think this would be a useful tool to add to Photo Mechanic for any photog to share and confirm with all involved.

So it's like a screenshot of the contact sheet?  Perhaps you could post an example.  Use the 'Additional Options...' link when you're composing your reply to this message and there you'll be able to upload your JPEG format sample image.

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline mklass

• View Profile
    • Mick Klass Photography
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2010, 05:07:03 PM »
Would printing the contact sheet to a PDF work?

Offline Luiz Muzzi

• View Profile
    • Luiz Muzzi Photography
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2010, 02:12:35 AM »
Do "they" have to correct/add caption info? or merely select the photos they want?
That's a big difference. In one case you can send them an image of your contact sheet (a screenshot or a pdf). In the other you have to send them something they can alter...

-Luiz Muzzi