Author Topic: Can't ftp  (Read 11777 times)

Offline JS

• View Profile
Re: Can't ftp
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2010, 02:14:33 AM »
Hi Sven,

I tried, but not succesful. Firewall is not running.

regards
Johann

Offline Sven

• Uber Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2010, 02:15:52 AM »
Have sent you a 2nd email...
After 5 years of absence I restarted the photography.

Offline Sven

• Uber Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2010, 01:07:40 PM »
Hi Kirk!

I had a long conversation on the phone with Johann tonight.
I am going to summarize it:

He had an iMac with PhotoMechanic running. FTP was not possible. Then he switched to an Mac mini and transferred all setting with the Apple-Wizzard. Right now he is on a Mac Pro and also transferred all Apps and Settings via the Wizard from the Mac mini. Version he is running is 4.6.6

FTP from the terminal works fine and without any problems. When trying to FTP via PM there is an error logged in the (manually enabled) logfile.

Code: [Select]
TIMESTAMP STATUS LOCAL_PATH SERVICE_TYPE REMOTE_PATH SIZE MD5_DIGEST
2010-12-13 19:42:32 [ERROR] /Volumes/RAID-1/E&O_Exp_2008/20080215/J_080215_2644.JPG FTP Could not make connection to server.

The temporary files are created in the cache-folder but they do not get deleted. In the cache folder is the original file and a smaller sized version as specified in the upload-settings. The Access-rights are looking fine. The User has read and write, "staff" and "everyone" has read access.

I then changed the password listed in the FTP-Connection to a wrong one and also the same error is listed. So it seems to me that PM cannot connect to the Network itself.
There is no firewall or similar program running
Sending images via the "Send via email"-function works well.

Johann will export the settings from PM and save them on a secure place. Then he will uninstall PM, look for any remaining PM-Files (configs, etc) and delete them as well.
I suggested to do a fresh DL from the camerabits site, re-install the fresh version, create a singe FTP-Connection manually and try if it works. If yes, then he should re-import all settings without the FTP-Connections and try again.

Kirk, any other things to check? Is there a way to have a more extended log file produced?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2010, 01:38:47 PM »
Hi Kirk!

I had a long conversation on the phone with Johann tonight.
I am going to summarize it:

He had an iMac with PhotoMechanic running. FTP was not possible. Then he switched to an Mac mini and transferred all setting with the Apple-Wizzard. Right now he is on a Mac Pro and also transferred all Apps and Settings via the Wizard from the Mac mini. Version he is running is 4.6.6

FTP from the terminal works fine and without any problems. When trying to FTP via PM there is an error logged in the (manually enabled) logfile.

Code: [Select]
TIMESTAMP STATUS LOCAL_PATH SERVICE_TYPE REMOTE_PATH SIZE MD5_DIGEST
2010-12-13 19:42:32 [ERROR] /Volumes/RAID-1/E&O_Exp_2008/20080215/J_080215_2644.JPG FTP Could not make connection to server.

The temporary files are created in the cache-folder but they do not get deleted. In the cache folder is the original file and a smaller sized version as specified in the upload-settings. The Access-rights are looking fine. The User has read and write, "staff" and "everyone" has read access.

I then changed the password listed in the FTP-Connection to a wrong one and also the same error is listed. So it seems to me that PM cannot connect to the Network itself.
There is no firewall or similar program running
Sending images via the "Send via email"-function works well.

Johann will export the settings from PM and save them on a secure place. Then he will uninstall PM, look for any remaining PM-Files (configs, etc) and delete them as well.
I suggested to do a fresh DL from the camerabits site, re-install the fresh version, create a singe FTP-Connection manually and try if it works. If yes, then he should re-import all settings without the FTP-Connections and try again.

Kirk, any other things to check? Is there a way to have a more extended log file produced?

No, but what I'd like to do is build a version of PM that has much more logging in it to find out where the problem is occurring.  I'll get back to Johann when I have a logging build ready for him.

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline Sven

• Uber Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2010, 01:44:32 PM »
Lets wait for the clean re-install...

Offline JS

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2010, 05:10:53 PM »
New Install was the way! Thanks Sven! I installed a newly downloaded PM, ftp worked. Then I imported the saved prefs without the upload ones. It worked. Then I imported the upload-prefs too, it didn't work. I deleted them and it works again. Seems like magic. I'm so happy now. Thanks again Sven and Kirk for Your help.

Best regards
Johann