Author Topic: Local Captioning  (Read 3734 times)

Offline Noworries

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Local Captioning
« on: December 08, 2010, 02:08:00 AM »
Does anyone know of a way of having a caption box and a local caption box in pm, I'm currently using fotostation but wanting to change over. I use the caption box to have copywrite info and the caption, and I use the local caption box to have just a caption which is then added to beneath my photos when i upload them onto the interweb. Is there a way that pm will let me do the same? if so what is it?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Local Captioning
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2010, 06:34:09 AM »
Does anyone know of a way of having a caption box and a local caption box in pm, I'm currently using fotostation but wanting to change over. I use the caption box to have copywrite info and the caption, and I use the local caption box to have just a caption which is then added to beneath my photos when i upload them onto the interweb. Is there a way that pm will let me do the same? if so what is it?

I don't know what you mean by local caption.  There is only one Caption field in Photo Mechanic.  Perhaps posting a screenshot of what it looks like in Fotostation will help.  Use the 'Additional Options...' link when you're composing your reply to this message and there you'll be able to upload your JPEG format screenshot.

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline Noworries

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2010, 08:08:19 AM »
this is the screen shot of fotostation hope this help clarify, I've noticed there is only one captioning field but I was wondering if there was another that is hidden in the options menu or something in the ftp upload function that i dont know about yet

thanks
sam

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2010, 10:14:41 AM »
Sam,

this is the screen shot of fotostation hope this help clarify, I've noticed there is only one captioning field but I was wondering if there was another that is hidden in the options menu or something in the ftp upload function that i dont know about yet

OK, thanks for the screen shot.

Sorry, but Photo Mechanic does not offer an additional Caption field that is only used when uploading photos.

-Kirk

Offline Hayo Baan

• Uber Member
  • Professional Photographer & Software Developer
    • View Profile
    • Hayo Baan - Photography
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2010, 11:23:15 PM »
Perhaps they use the headline field and just named it differently? I don't know photostation so I could be wrong of course...
Hayo Baan - Photography
Web: www.hayobaan.nl