Author Topic: Translation of Keywords in an other language  (Read 3675 times)

Offline martin

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Translation of Keywords in an other language
« on: December 13, 2010, 08:12:00 AM »
So far i'm very happy with  PM;  fast and fine to work with  :)   In my database there are about 1'500 pictures with 2'000 different keywords (in the IPTC Panel)
these keywords are all in german and i would like to change them to an english version. I do have already translated most words in a seperate list  (text editor). Bevor I start with a lot of work is my question:  what would be the best way to do this in PM ?   
Thanks for any help !

Martin

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Translation of Keywords in an other language
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2010, 08:16:39 AM »
Martin,

So far i'm very happy with  PM;  fast and fine to work with  :)   In my database there are about 1'500 pictures with 2'000 different keywords (in the IPTC Panel)
these keywords are all in german and i would like to change them to an english version. I do have already translated most words in a seperate list  (text editor). Bevor I start with a lot of work is my question:  what would be the best way to do this in PM ?   

I'm not quite sure what your goal is.  Do you want to take all 1500 pictures and convert their German keywords to English ones?  Or are you wanting to add English keywords to the images in addition to the already existing German ones?

Either way, there is no automated way to do these sorts of operations that I know of.

-Kirk

Offline martin

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Translation of Keywords in an other language
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2010, 09:07:09 AM »
Kirk,
Yes I want to convert them in an english only version (and keep for other useage a german one) - So far my idea in a manual way: with the find and replace function, I open all folders in a current one and change word by word the 2'000 german words... the only problem: for upcoming new pictures I have to do the same again - so to have something automated would help a lot..
-Martin
« Last Edit: December 13, 2010, 09:13:12 AM by martin »