Author Topic: remove dublicate keywords  (Read 4382 times)

Offline martin

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
remove dublicate keywords
« on: December 15, 2010, 08:28:03 AM »
To clean up my imported keywords in the keyword field I'm asking if there is a possibility to remove duplicate keywords in an automate way ?
- thanks Martin

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: remove dublicate keywords
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2010, 08:44:47 AM »
Martin,

To clean up my imported keywords in the keyword field I'm asking if there is a possibility to remove duplicate keywords in an automate way ?

No, but it shouldn't be possible to add duplicate keywords in the first place in Photo Mechanic.

-Kirk

Offline ddcb

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: remove dublicate keywords
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2011, 04:22:41 AM »
Actually I did succeed to create duplicate keywords.  This is using a combination of "IPCT info for ..." screen with "IPTC Stationnary pad".  This is the reason that bring me to that forum...  I was happy to hear your answer and thought I had found a bug.  But now I reproduce the same steps without reproducing the problem...  The difference is the number of pictures and where they are located...

The original scenario when I had the problem was like this:
  • PM on Mac - Latest version running as demo
  • Working on around 25 pictures located on a Windows XP Share
  • I first set some keywords using IPTC Stationary Pad to a part of those pictures
  • Then I set some keywords picture by picture and realize it was taking too long
  • I used the color tagging feature and filtered only those picture I wanted and applied again the keyword using IPTC Stationary pad
  • I checked my pictures and those individually set were having that new keyword in double

As I said, I haven't been able to reproduce that problem using a 5 pictures set on a local folder...  I will post additonal information I find additional information on how to reproduce it.

Pascal.