Author Topic: Moving two side by side preview images concurrently  (Read 2305 times)

Offline SwampFox

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Moving two side by side preview images concurrently
« on: December 20, 2010, 08:56:35 PM »
I have just moved to PhotoMechanic.  When comparing to images side by side, would it be possible to have a way to move the 2 images concurrently?  Previously, I had been using Adobe Bridge and, with that app, it was possible to hold down my iMac's Command key and move the images around concurrently to check out sharpness in different parts of the image.  Unless I'm overlooking something in PhotoMechanic, both images have to be repositioned independently of one another and this is very time consuming.

Mac OS 10.6.5
iMac with 3 gigabytes of RAM
PhotoMechanic 4.6.6

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Moving two side by side preview images concurrently
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2010, 10:24:50 PM »
I have just moved to PhotoMechanic.  When comparing to images side by side, would it be possible to have a way to move the 2 images concurrently?  Previously, I had been using Adobe Bridge and, with that app, it was possible to hold down my iMac's Command key and move the images around concurrently to check out sharpness in different parts of the image.  Unless I'm overlooking something in PhotoMechanic, both images have to be repositioned independently of one another and this is very time consuming.

Look in the Zoom pane.  Use the 'Lock scrolling' to synchronize the scrolling of the two images.  The 'L' key will toggle the setting if you don't want to use your mouse to set or clear the check box.

-Kirk