Author Topic: scrolling with wheel poor  (Read 1907 times)

Offline bobfrost

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
scrolling with wheel poor
« on: January 26, 2011, 12:34:12 PM »
Using latest 4.6.6 with Win7x64 and MS Natural Wireless Laser mouse 6000 with Intellipoint 8.

Two problems:

When in a contact page, scrolling with the wheel only works if I jerk the wheel very quickly. Normal movement of the wheel that works fine in all my other programs just doesn't move the page. I have to drag the sidebar to scroll up and down.

A second problem is I keep getting a message from Windows saying Photomechanic want me to upgrade my Flash Player. This may be because I'm using the preview version of the 64bit 'square' Flash Player with IE9 preview. Not sure why PM wants Flash Player upgraded (or downgraded in my case!).

Bob Frost

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: scrolling with wheel poor
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2011, 12:44:03 PM »
Bob,

When in a contact page, scrolling with the wheel only works if I jerk the wheel very quickly. Normal movement of the wheel that works fine in all my other programs just doesn't move the page. I have to drag the sidebar to scroll up and down.

I've noticed the same thing on some of my systems.  No scroll wheel events are sent to PM until some of them 'pile up' and then they come through all at once.  I have no solution for this issue.

Quote from: bobfrost
A second problem is I keep getting a message from Windows saying Photomechanic want me to upgrade my Flash Player. This may be because I'm using the preview version of the 64bit 'square' Flash Player with IE9 preview. Not sure why PM wants Flash Player upgraded (or downgraded in my case!).

That is certainly odd.  PM does not have any Flash code in it and certainly has no dependencies on it.  I'd like to see a screen shot of that message if you get a chance.  Use the 'Additional Options...' link when you're composing your reply to this message and there you'll be able to upload your JPEG format screenshot.

Thanks,

-Kirk