Author Topic: 4.6.6.0 stops responding after 3 hours  (Read 3627 times)

Offline jonmcg

• View Profile
4.6.6.0 stops responding after 3 hours
« on: January 16, 2011, 07:11:26 AM »
Windows 7. Dual Core cpu.
After about 3 hours heavy use the PM window went fuzzy and mouse is busy. After about 10 minutes of this I hit the X button and it asks if I want to wait or close. It closes, eventually, and I can restart. It has done this to me before. I was attempting to do a copy at the time. The bad news is on restart all the folder setting had reverted to the last time I used it.
The folder has 750 images but the previous folder had over 1000 which I had processed earlier.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: 4.6.6.0 stops responding after 3 hours
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2011, 02:14:45 PM »
Windows 7. Dual Core cpu.
After about 3 hours heavy use the PM window went fuzzy and mouse is busy. After about 10 minutes of this I hit the X button and it asks if I want to wait or close. It closes, eventually, and I can restart. It has done this to me before. I was attempting to do a copy at the time. The bad news is on restart all the folder setting had reverted to the last time I used it.
The folder has 750 images but the previous folder had over 1000 which I had processed earlier.

What do you mean by 'fuzzy'?
What 'folder settings' are being lost?  Arrangements?  Something else?

-Kirk

Offline jonmcg

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2011, 12:16:08 AM »
It is like a fog goes over the whole PM window exceppt the red X close (top right). The folder options lost are the folder I was in when I last used it and the folder set in the copy/move command.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2011, 06:02:36 AM »
It is like a fog goes over the whole PM window exceppt the red X close (top right). The folder options lost are the folder I was in when I last used it and the folder set in the copy/move command.

OK, I'm not sure how we'll solve this as three hours is a long time to wait for a problem to occur and then to try and find out the cause at that point.

-Kirk