Author Topic: Save, saving rating, class and rotation information  (Read 4169 times)

Offline juji

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Save, saving rating, class and rotation information
« on: March 26, 2011, 05:02:55 AM »
Photomechanic 4.6.6, Mac OS X 10.6.5

I usually 'ingest' images directly onto two harddrives simultaneously, and then edit them on my primary harddrive. I'd like to transfer my rating/rotation info onto the same images held on the secondary harddrive without rewriting all the files.

A workaround is to show only rated and/or rotated images on my primary harddrive and select using Cmd+A, then select Edit>Save Selection. Then I select Edit>Load Selection on the same images on my secondary harddrive, and rate and/or rotate those. But this only allows one rating/class and one-way rotation and is rather laborious.

Is there a way of saving my rating, class and rotation information on my primary harddrive and applying it to the same images held on my secondary harddrive?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Save, saving rating, class and rotation information
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2011, 09:29:29 AM »
Photomechanic 4.6.6, Mac OS X 10.6.5

I usually 'ingest' images directly onto two harddrives simultaneously, and then edit them on my primary harddrive. I'd like to transfer my rating/rotation info onto the same images held on the secondary harddrive without rewriting all the files.

A workaround is to show only rated and/or rotated images on my primary harddrive and select using Cmd+A, then select Edit>Save Selection. Then I select Edit>Load Selection on the same images on my secondary harddrive, and rate and/or rotate those. But this only allows one rating/class and one-way rotation and is rather laborious.

Is there a way of saving my rating, class and rotation information on my primary harddrive and applying it to the same images held on my secondary harddrive?

No, there is no such feature in Photo Mechanic.

-Kirk

Offline JS

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2011, 10:22:07 PM »
Hi,

maybe if You just backup Your first harddrive to the secondary?

-John

Offline Luiz Muzzi

• View Profile
    • Luiz Muzzi Photography
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2011, 02:31:10 PM »
Hi,
Perhaps it would really be simpler to sync your second backup drive. If you are using a Mac, please refer to the thread:
http://forums.camerabits.com/index.php?topic=6294.0
There are some valuable tips there on how to do it.
HTH

-Luiz Muzzi