Author Topic: Selection error  (Read 1983 times)

Offline vAfotoriporter

• Uber Member
    • View Profile
    • Attila Volgyi photojournalist
Selection error
« on: January 27, 2011, 04:49:12 PM »
I have the following troubble with selections on the contact sheet under OSX 10.6.6 and the latest beta that expires on feb 16 (but I experienced it with some of the former versions too):

I work on photos showing untagged photos only. When I'm done with a photo I tag it and it disappeares upon refres. Then I try to select other images still untagged holding down the Shift key and moving the selection with the cursor keys. By my understanding (how OS usually does such selections) when I press a cursor key a neighbouring item (thumbnail in this case) gets selected next to the item already selected at start, then upon next cursor press the next beside it in the given direction.
But PM works now different ways: a thumbnail is selected then I hold down shift and press a cursor key. But not the next adjactent thumbnail gets selected instead a series of photos. It seems PM remembers the last position of the selection and selects all photos between the two instead of starting a new selecion. I find this strange and not the good way I would like to use it.

I hope you understand my problem and can reproduce the issue.
Working on Mac, OSX, iOS and with some Canons.
Allways shooting RAW.

http://www.volgyiattila.com