Author Topic: Keyboard usage slows and crashes 4.6.6 W  (Read 3487 times)

Offline RogueMD

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Keyboard usage slows and crashes 4.6.6 W
« on: February 06, 2011, 09:15:37 PM »
Hello, I am a newbie. Running 4.6.6 on Vista 32bit SP2, HP workstation, Pentium Duo, Ram +++ HD +++  Cache 3 GB Ram.
When I am in 25% Preview Mode ( one image on screen ) and start entering STAR ratings with a keyboard (Wireless Logitech) I note that as soon as I type the character 1234 ... there is a delay before the STAR appears on the screen - if I keep going the delay gets longer with each image I click on eventually after perhaps 10 I have to stop or it crashes. This does NOT happen if I use the mouse and simple click on a STAR rating, I can go all day long. I can't seem to find any other keyboard issues listed in the forum. I don't see (not that I am not blind) any keyboard speed settings. Help?

Dennis.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Keyboard usage slows and crashes 4.6.6 W
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2011, 09:27:31 PM »
Dennis,

Hello, I am a newbie. Running 4.6.6 on Vista 32bit SP2, HP workstation, Pentium Duo, Ram +++ HD +++  Cache 3 GB Ram.
When I am in 25% Preview Mode ( one image on screen ) and start entering STAR ratings with a keyboard (Wireless Logitech) I note that as soon as I type the character 1234 ... there is a delay before the STAR appears on the screen - if I keep going the delay gets longer with each image I click on eventually after perhaps 10 I have to stop or it crashes. This does NOT happen if I use the mouse and simple click on a STAR rating, I can go all day long. I can't seem to find any other keyboard issues listed in the forum. I don't see (not that I am not blind) any keyboard speed settings. Help?

Does your computer start beeping (playing your alert sound) eventually?  Or is it always silent?

Is the crash completely reproducible?  If so, would you be willing to run a logging version of PM for me?

-Kirk

Offline RogueMD

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2011, 09:34:43 PM »
Wow, the guys weren't kidding when they said support form is wonderful.

Yes Pretty much every time I use the keyboard it does this, and it does not make any beeps along the way, just grinds down.

I would be willing to help out.

Dennis.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2011, 10:12:17 PM »
Dennis,

Wow, the guys weren't kidding when they said support form is wonderful.

Yes Pretty much every time I use the keyboard it does this, and it does not make any beeps along the way, just grinds down.

I would be willing to help out.

I'll try and put together a build that I think will help me figure out what is going on.  It may take a few iterations of testing to find out what is going on.

I'll contact you with a personal message with the download link and instructions when it's ready.

-Kirk