Author Topic: Adding to rights usage box only  (Read 1899 times)

Offline mburke

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Adding to rights usage box only
« on: February 02, 2011, 01:18:58 PM »
I would like to add a rights usage statement to the iptc info to a whole bunch of pics in different folders. Is there some way to copy to just that entry on all of the iptc pads? All the other iptc info is already filled out and I can't figure out how to add just one entry on all the files at one time.

Windows 7, PM 4.6.6

Thanks,

Mike

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Adding to rights usage box only
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2011, 01:38:35 PM »
Mike,

I would like to add a rights usage statement to the iptc info to a whole bunch of pics in different folders. Is there some way to copy to just that entry on all of the iptc pads? All the other iptc info is already filled out and I can't figure out how to add just one entry on all the files at one time.

Use the IPTC Stationery Pad, but uncheck all other fields but the one you wish to update.  Then apply the pad to your photos.  To make this a bit easier, open each of your folders into a single contact sheet.  You can do this from the Navigator by right-clicking on each folder and adding it to the current contact sheet.

HTH,

-Kirk

Offline nmf

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2011, 04:15:59 AM »
Mike, if you have to add specific usage rights on a regular basis then I suggest that you save the new pad, with all the other fields unchecked, as a snapshot.

With a little thought you can even title the snapshot so that it stays below more regularly used ones.

You can even add snapshots for specific clients or types of use. I find these save me time when I have to create a folder from a job for a regular client who I am allowing different usage rights as I can then just select the images, open the IPTC Stationary pad, select the relevant T&C's and apply.

Offline mburke

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2011, 05:14:11 AM »
Thanks,

Both suggestions worked like a charm

Mike