Author Topic: hanging at Ingest command  (Read 2038 times)

Offline rpasley

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
hanging at Ingest command
« on: February 03, 2011, 06:38:08 AM »
I am running Photo Mechanic version 4.5.4 and I run Mac OS X 10.6.6 on my Intel-based Mac.

PM hangs immediately when I select Ingest (actually, cloverleaf-G)...no Ingest menu appears, PM just freezes, requiring a Force Quit.  This may (or not) have something to do with the very recent installation of Canon ImageBrowser software that came with a video camera.  I've uninstalled that lousy software, but the PM problem persists. 

BTW, an interesting side note...I have multiple user accounts on this family Mac and if I launch PM while in my wife's account (and, I presume others, though not tested), this crash does not occur. But I need to fix this problem for my account.

Thanks,
RP

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: hanging at Ingest command
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2011, 07:46:37 AM »
I am running Photo Mechanic version 4.5.4 and I run Mac OS X 10.6.6 on my Intel-based Mac.

PM hangs immediately when I select Ingest (actually, cloverleaf-G)...no Ingest menu appears, PM just freezes, requiring a Force Quit.  This may (or not) have something to do with the very recent installation of Canon ImageBrowser software that came with a video camera.  I've uninstalled that lousy software, but the PM problem persists. 

BTW, an interesting side note...I have multiple user accounts on this family Mac and if I launch PM while in my wife's account (and, I presume others, though not tested), this crash does not occur. But I need to fix this problem for my account.

While I don't know specifically what is causing the hang, I can tell you for certain that PM 4.5.4 is not compatible with Mac OS X 10.6.x.  It will crash often and when not crashing, it will be slower than it should be.  Version 4.6 is compatible with Snow Leopard.

Right now we're offering a $60.00 special on PM for a new license if you don't want the year's worth of free updates.  That would be your cheapest route to getting Snow Leopard compatibility.

-Kirk

Offline rpasley

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: hanging at Ingest command
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2011, 07:56:43 AM »
Thanks...was considering the upgrade, though I didn't know about the compatibility issues til now.  Will consider the special vs. annual subscription and upgrade, one way or the other...

Thanks for the prompt response early in the A.M.