Author Topic: Shift / downgrade Colour Class set on images one level  (Read 2405 times)

Offline juji

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Shift / downgrade Colour Class set on images one level
« on: February 03, 2011, 10:17:54 AM »
Is there a way of shifting all the colour class levels on a particular set of images down one level?

For example, I have a selection which I've labelled Winner, Winner Alt, Superior. I now want to start choosing a new Winner selection. I want to shift all the images with colour classes down one level (in this case down to Winner Alt, Superior and Superior Alt) thereby leaving no images with a Winner colour class. I can do it manually, but is there a simpler way I'm missing?

I am running Photo Mechanic version 4.6.6 and I run Mac OS X 10.6.5 on my Intel-based Mac.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Shift / downgrade Colour Class set on images one level
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2011, 12:12:50 PM »
Is there a way of shifting all the colour class levels on a particular set of images down one level?

For example, I have a selection which I've labelled Winner, Winner Alt, Superior. I now want to start choosing a new Winner selection. I want to shift all the images with colour classes down one level (in this case down to Winner Alt, Superior and Superior Alt) thereby leaving no images with a Winner colour class. I can do it manually, but is there a simpler way I'm missing?

I am running Photo Mechanic version 4.6.6 and I run Mac OS X 10.6.5 on my Intel-based Mac.

No, there is no facility for raising or lowering the color class (or rating) of images by one.

-Kirk

Offline Hayo Baan

• Uber Member
  • Professional Photographer & Software Developer
    • View Profile
    • Hayo Baan - Photography
Re: Shift / downgrade Colour Class set on images one level
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2011, 08:23:18 AM »
While there is no way in PM, you may be able to do his with the use of exiftool. Just make sure all relevant fields are included and you change the files in the right order.

Hope this helps,
    Hayo
Hayo Baan - Photography
Web: www.hayobaan.nl