Author Topic: Upload issue from PM4.6.6 to Gallery2  (Read 3242 times)

Offline Christian

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Upload issue from PM4.6.6 to Gallery2
« on: February 09, 2011, 11:51:36 AM »
Hello,

I bought a week ago PM (v4.6.6) - mainly to edit Keywords, because my other software is a bit too slow on the task to edit 1000+ images per session. So far it works fine. Now I do have a Gallery2 to give an access on my images to the public. I used over years 'Gallery Remote', but I wanted to try out PM's upload feature, when I got an error like 'nil can't be coerced into Fixnum'. Sounds like an ruby error for me, but I'm not a programmer. I guess something went wrong while PM and G2 attempted to connect. I checked username, password, url and path over and over the last tho days. They are identical to the one 'Gallery Remote' uses. For now I'am out of ideas what to try next. Some more details are in the attached screenshots..

Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

my OS X (Intel):
the PM error:     
my G2 version: 
and the G2 remote module version:

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Upload issue from PM4.6.6 to Gallery2
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2011, 12:36:23 PM »
Christian,

If you give me your settings (privately) I'll try it out myself and see what is going wrong.  Please click on my name to the left of this message, then click on the 'personal message' link.  You can then give me your login settings privately.

-Kirk

Offline RogueMD

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2011, 05:03:38 PM »
 'nil can't be coerced into Fixnum'.  sounds a lot like I was having with Flickr - but we think it was either Superbowl overload or mtnce on Flick which caused it. My error was listed in the Flickr Upload topic here under support. Mine was "Can't convert nil into string"

EDIT: here is the thread Dennis is referring to:

http://forums.camerabits.com/index.php?topic=6152.msg28246
« Last Edit: February 09, 2011, 10:34:35 PM by Kirk Baker »

Offline Christian

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2011, 09:08:43 PM »
Thanks for the reply's so far.

RogueMD: Interesting point. But I think an overload or mtnce issue is not causing the trouble for two reasons: 1.) I'am still able to access my G2 via 'Gallery Remote' without problems and 2.) between me an the Superbowl ist unfortunately the Atlantic since I live in Europe.

Maybe your info helps Kirk on his search..   

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2011, 12:48:03 PM »
Christian,

Using '/' (without the quotes) as the Path in the settings makes it so I can log in and get a list of the existing Galleries, but I can't add to them or upload to them.  We're going to see if this is a problem on our end (and fix it if it is) or whether it is a configuration issue on your end.

-Kirk

Offline Christian

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2011, 09:14:11 PM »
Kirk,

I tried your advice, but i still get the same 'nil can't be coerced into Fixnum' error, when i fill the path field with a '/' (without qoutes).
I don't even get a list of my Galleries as You.

Could you please send me the complete connection data You used as a private messange? I would like to try out Your settings on my side. Thanks, Christian

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2011, 09:20:35 PM »
Message sent.

-Kirk

Offline Christian

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2011, 07:44:43 AM »
Hi Kirk,

problem solved. Thank You! The upload to Gallery2 works fine now. If it's ok for you, I would delete Your account on my Gallery.

Solution: I typed into the 'remote host' field: 'http://myurl.de', but it should have been 'myurl.de' instead. My fault.

Suggestion: Could you create an little routine for the next minor update, catching up such a faulty input and printing out a proper warning? Or better, let the program ignore the 'http://' since it's a pretty standard string.

Regards, Christian

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2011, 08:49:19 AM »
Christian,

problem solved. Thank You! The upload to Gallery2 works fine now. If it's ok for you, I would delete Your account on my Gallery.

Solution: I typed into the 'remote host' field: 'http://myurl.de', but it should have been 'myurl.de' instead. My fault.

Suggestion: Could you create an little routine for the next minor update, catching up such a faulty input and printing out a proper warning? Or better, let the program ignore the 'http://' since it's a pretty standard string.

I suppose we could.  Thanks for following up.

-Kirk