Author Topic: Edit selected photos in Elements  (Read 3816 times)

Offline perg

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Edit selected photos in Elements
« on: February 12, 2011, 12:42:48 AM »
There was a thread on this a couple of years ago, but I couldn't find any solution:
This gist of the last thread was that when trying to open multiple selected raw files from PM into Photoshop Elements, Elements started but no files opened.
I have PM and Elements on my  Macbook Air and the multiple files open fine, but when a friend with a Windows machine tries the same thing, he gets the same result as described in the thread two years ago, Elements open up but nothing else happens.

Per

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Edit selected photos in Elements
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2011, 08:21:14 AM »
There was a thread on this a couple of years ago, but I couldn't find any solution:
This gist of the last thread was that when trying to open multiple selected raw files from PM into Photoshop Elements, Elements started but no files opened.
I have PM and Elements on my  Macbook Air and the multiple files open fine, but when a friend with a Windows machine tries the same thing, he gets the same result as described in the thread two years ago, Elements open up but nothing else happens.

Try using drag and drop from PM to Elements.

-Kirk

Offline perg

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2011, 10:29:42 AM »
Hi Kirk,

I know I can drag & drop in the PC. What irks my colleague is that right clicking and selecting <Edit Selected Photos> works on my Mac but not on his PC.  :)

Per

Offline nmf

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2011, 01:11:25 AM »
Which version of Photo Mechanic is your friend using ?

The reason I ask is that I had a similar problem about a year ago and Kirk actually created a test version of PM  for me to try and then added the change in the next update. I think, from looking through the updates list, that was version 4.6.3.

Offline perg

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2011, 12:20:05 AM »
He is using the latest one, 4.6.6. I bought it for him last week and tried to show off all the whistles and bells I usually use on my MacBook Air (PM 4.6.6, Elements 9.x).

Per

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2011, 12:35:36 PM »
Per,

He is using the latest one, 4.6.6. I bought it for him last week and tried to show off all the whistles and bells I usually use on my MacBook Air (PM 4.6.6, Elements 9.x).

Have your friend try the 4.6.7 beta 3 version.  It should fix his issue with launching photos to Photoshop Elements 9.

-Kirk

Offline perg

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2011, 01:23:46 PM »
Kirk,

Thanks. Works now.
Camera Bits must be the only software company in the webosphere where you can grouse a bit on the support forum and wham! a new version arrives with a bug fix.

have a great weekend,
Per

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2011, 01:43:02 PM »
Per,

Thanks. Works now.
Camera Bits must be the only software company in the webosphere where you can grouse a bit on the support forum and wham! a new version arrives with a bug fix.

Thanks for confirming the fix.

-Kirk

Offline William R Wood

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2011, 11:33:37 AM »
I am running PM 4.6.6 on Win7 Pro, 64bit.

Any chance that this fix for Elements will work or can be expanded for edits in Lightroom 3?  Drag and Drop does work but just right clicking and choosing Edit Selected Photos with Lightroom would be a lot slicker.  Thanks.

Bill Wood

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2011, 11:46:28 AM »
Bill,

I am running PM 4.6.6 on Win7 Pro, 64bit.

Any chance that this fix for Elements will work or can be expanded for edits in Lightroom 3?  Drag and Drop does work but just right clicking and choosing Edit Selected Photos with Lightroom would be a lot slicker.  Thanks.

I have never figured out a way to get photos directly into Lightroom on the Windows version.

-Kirk

Offline William R Wood

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2011, 05:07:02 AM »
Kirk,

OK, thanks for trying.

Regards

Bill Wood