Author Topic: errors with exporting  (Read 3743 times)

Offline paulamsmith

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
errors with exporting
« on: February 14, 2011, 07:52:43 AM »
I am doing Winston Hall's Photo Mechanic webinar series and I am getting an error message when I try to export. "There were errors during the export operation". I tried opening up the Structured Keywords panel but didn't  know what to do with it after I opened it but that didn't make any difference. I am running PM 4.6.6 on 2 machines: desktop Windows 7 64 bit quad core processor (AMD) and Dell laptop Windows 7 32 bit Intel core 2 duo
Thank you
Paula Smith

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: errors with exporting
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2011, 08:20:27 AM »
Paula,

I am doing Winston Hall's Photo Mechanic webinar series and I am getting an error message when I try to export. "There were errors during the export operation". I tried opening up the Structured Keywords panel but didn't  know what to do with it after I opened it but that didn't make any difference. I am running PM 4.6.6 on 2 machines: desktop Windows 7 64 bit quad core processor (AMD) and Dell laptop Windows 7 32 bit Intel core 2 duo

You're trying to export Preferences?  Or web galleries?

-Kirk

Offline paulamsmith

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2011, 09:08:45 AM »
Preferences.
 I only went to Structured Keyword panel becaus there was a previous post saying that's what the solution was.
Thanks
Paula Smith

Offline Luiz Muzzi

• View Profile
    • Luiz Muzzi Photography
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2011, 09:30:02 AM »
Paula,
Sorry to bother you with this question, but what is this Winston Hall's Photo Mechanic webinar series? I live in Brazil and I have never heard of this...
TIA

-Luiz Muzzi

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2011, 09:54:52 AM »
Paula,

Preferences.
 I only went to Structured Keyword panel becaus there was a previous post saying that's what the solution was.

That is the solution that I know to work.  Since it hasn't fixed things for you, please call our tech support folks at 503-547-2888 and they should be able to help you.

-Kirk

Offline paulamsmith

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2011, 10:50:31 AM »
Kirk
What are you supposed to do when you go to the Structured keywords panel? I just opened it and did nothing because I didn't know what I was supposed to do.

Luiz
Winston Hall is a professional photographer and instructor with Nikonians www.nikonians.org. he has put together a webinar series on PhotoMechanic plus some others. His website is www.tunerphotography.com

Paula

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2011, 11:11:02 AM »
Paula,

What are you supposed to do when you go to the Structured keywords panel? I just opened it and did nothing because I didn't know what I was supposed to do.

All that is necessary for the Structured Keywords data file to be created is to simply open up the panel.  You can then close it without further interaction.  If this doesn't solve the export issue for you, please call 503-547-2888 for further assistance.

-Kirk

Offline Luiz Muzzi

• View Profile
    • Luiz Muzzi Photography
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2011, 12:49:17 PM »
Paula,
Thanks a lot...I will have a look at the sites you have mentioned...
(I wish there was a similar one for Canon users)...
Regards,

-Luiz Muzzi