Author Topic: Additional HTML exporters  (Read 2428 times)

Offline Ty

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Additional HTML exporters
« on: February 16, 2011, 03:04:24 AM »
I have, after some tweaking of the SimpleVewer gallery and the template-main.rb file, now costumized it to my needs.

Problem is that i need 3 different versions of that gallery. The export dialog does not have options to change the values i need and i therefore need to edit the template-main.rb file each time.

A workaround this could be to make 3 differnet versions of the folder including the SV template and have them appearing in the exporter dialog.

My question: Where are the list of exporter templates located and defined? - and can it bed cosumized to contain additional galleries?

In hope of help!

PM 4.6.6, OSX 10.6.6, Mac Pro 2x2,66 Intel dual xeon

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Additional HTML exporters
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2011, 06:31:31 AM »
Ty,

I have, after some tweaking of the SimpleVewer gallery and the template-main.rb file, now costumized it to my needs.

Problem is that i need 3 different versions of that gallery. The export dialog does not have options to change the values i need and i therefore need to edit the template-main.rb file each time.

A workaround this could be to make 3 differnet versions of the folder including the SV template and have them appearing in the exporter dialog.

My question: Where are the list of exporter templates located and defined? - and can it bed cosumized to contain additional galleries?

I'm not sure I quite understand.  You say you're modifying the template-main.rb file, but that you don't know where the templates are.  The templates are where you found the template-main.rb file.  The UI for the templates are driven by the template-main.rb file.  The templates are written in a language called Ruby.  It should be possible to create one template that has additional UI elements that along with some programming, outputs galleries in a variety of slightly different ways.

What customization are you looking to do?

-Kirk

Offline Ty

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2011, 08:27:40 AM »
Kirk you are always a help!
Sorry for my wobbly english.

What i tried to say is that i have already made different versions of the gallery by modifying the template-main.rb file. Now i need some means to call these differntly named galleries situated in builtin_templates/export (see "Screenshot_1") The folder "simpleviewer-webgalleri" is a complete copy of "simpleviewer" with just the adjustments i need.

Now when i restart PM this second option does not appear in the drop-down-menu in the exporter UI (see "Screenshot_2".

My question is: Where is the function that defines what appear in the drop-down-menu, and can it be changed to facilitate one or more extra galleries?

Thanks!

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2011, 09:49:57 AM »
Kirk you are always a help!
Sorry for my wobbly english.

What i tried to say is that i have already made different versions of the gallery by modifying the template-main.rb file. Now i need some means to call these differntly named galleries situated in builtin_templates/export (see "Screenshot_1") The folder "simpleviewer-webgalleri" is a complete copy of "simpleviewer" with just the adjustments i need.

Now when i restart PM this second option does not appear in the drop-down-menu in the exporter UI (see "Screenshot_2".

My question is: Where is the function that defines what appear in the drop-down-menu, and can it be changed to facilitate one or more extra galleries?

Look for the following code in the template:

def self.template_display_name  # template name shown in dialog list box
    "SimpleViewer"
  end

def self.template_description  # shown in dialog box
    "Exporter template for the SimpleViewer flash viewer.  See http://www.airtightinteractive.com/simpleviewer"
  end

-Kirk