Photo Mechanic > Feature Requests

Missing card / frames check

(1/2) > >>

JAS Photo:
I asked for this a while back -

Could PM on injest check to see if all sequential images are ingested, no major gaps Like would happen if a card failed or was missing.
PM know what was ingested previously so if frames 0100 - 0800 are injested and my next ingest starts at 1000 I would love for PM to issue a warning.
Maybe a setting to ignore 1-5 frames or 1-10 frames, so in camera deletions don't trigger.

This would be very helpfull when ingesting multiple cards.
I think PM could do this for multiple bodies.

Kirk Baker:
Joe,

--- Quote from: JAS Photo on February 16, 2011, 07:18:32 AM ---I asked for this a while back -

Could PM on injest check to see if all sequential images are ingested, no major gaps Like would happen if a card failed or was missing.
PM know what was ingested previously so if frames 0100 - 0800 are injested and my next ingest starts at 1000 I would love for PM to issue a warning.
Maybe a setting to ignore 1-5 frames or 1-10 frames, so in camera deletions don't trigger.

This would be very helpfull when ingesting multiple cards.
I think PM could do this for multiple bodies.

--- End quote ---

If the card is failing, most likely you'll get read errors and Ingest will report that to you.  I don't think that missing sequences happen very often unless the photographer is deleting them on the back of the camera as they shoot.

-Kirk

JAS Photo:
I often shoot multiple cards - what if a card is lost / misplaced or just forgotten. I think it would be an easy ad on and a comfort. Just to say HEY (maybe you left a card in the backup body) 50 frames are missing!!!

Luiz Muzzi:
Joe,
What would happen if you set your camera to auto reset the file numbering or if you manual reset it? That could pose a difficulty.
Regards,

-Luiz Muzzi

JoopPlaisier:
Joe, an easy solution is to use the actuations variable, I display the actuations as well as the camera used.
All the best
Joop

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version