Author Topic: Recognising RTF documents  (Read 7365 times)

Offline antpix

• View Profile
Recognising RTF documents
« on: May 03, 2006, 09:17:24 AM »
Kirk

I would really like to be able to burn a READ ME document onto a CD along with the Jpegs which I give to clients, with the licence to use, colour space etc.

It doesn't show up in the normal browser window and doesn't appear on the CD although PM is set to look at the folder. I assume it is because PM is not recognising the RTF document? Is it possible to set PM to recognise RTF docs, it doesn't need to edit them, just include them in any selection to be burnt.

If possible another format which would be good to include would be PDF's as well.

cheers

Ant

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Recognising RTF documents
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2006, 09:23:34 AM »
I would really like to be able to burn a READ ME document onto a CD along with the Jpegs which I give to clients, with the licence to use, colour space etc.

It doesn't show up in the normal browser window and doesn't appear on the CD although PM is set to look at the folder. I assume it is because PM is not recognising the RTF document? Is it possible to set PM to recognise RTF docs, it doesn't need to edit them, just include them in any selection to be burnt.

If possible another format which would be good to include would be PDF's as well.

I can see why you would want this, but basically Photo Mechanic only shows items in the contact sheet that it can render.  To support showing items in the contact sheet that cannot be rendered would require some significant changes.  I would rather add a feature to the Burn Photos to Disc dialog that allows you to add individual files which would be burned to every disc of the series.

That would work, wouldn't it?

-Kirk

Offline antpix

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2006, 09:30:21 AM »
Even better, that way I can add a standard text to every CD burnt without having to put copies of the text into every folder, as long as there were options to add one or two or more files, with at least one of the options being sticky in that it ALWAYS pointed to such and such location if selected.

Like all of our requests it would be great to get this implemented ASAP!

Great service.

Best

Ant

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2006, 10:42:41 AM »
Even better, that way I can add a standard text to every CD burnt without having to put copies of the text into every folder, as long as there were options to add one or two or more files, with at least one of the options being sticky in that it ALWAYS pointed to such and such location if selected.

Like all of our requests it would be great to get this implemented ASAP!

I'll see what I can do, but we really just want to make 4.4.3 final.  This one may have to wait for the next update.

-Kirk

Offline antpix

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2006, 03:13:15 AM »
OK, I understand, thanks for adding this to the list

Ant

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2006, 05:46:11 PM »
OK, I understand, thanks for adding this to the list

I just finished it today.  It will make it into the final release.

-Kirk

Offline antpix

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2006, 12:07:42 AM »
Excellent, thanks for being so responsive to our requests.

Best

Ant