Author Topic: AppleScript needed to load images onto Photo Mechanic  (Read 2948 times)

Offline victormech

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
AppleScript needed to load images onto Photo Mechanic
« on: February 21, 2011, 10:09:03 AM »
I need an AppleScript that displays a chosen folder of images in Photo Mechanic as a Contact Sheet.
A FileMaker script – with the help of a plug-in called Troi-File-Plug-in 2.8.2 - already allows me to navigate to the folder which opens on the desktop. The final step would be for the script to display the images in Photo Mechanic, for browsing, captioning, editing etc. FileMaker supports AppleScript.
I am running Photo Mechanic version 4.6.4 with Mac OS X 10.6.4 on an Intel-based Mac. The FileMaker version at present is 6.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: February 21, 2011, 10:20:10 AM by victormech »

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: AppleScript needed to load images onto Photo Mechanic
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2011, 10:28:58 AM »
I need an AppleScript that displays a chosen folder of images in Photo Mechanic as a Contact Sheet.
A FileMaker script – with the help of a plug-in called Troi-File-Plug-in 2.8.2 - already allows me to navigate to the folder which opens on the desktop. The final step would be for the script to display the images in Photo Mechanic, for browsing, captioning, editing etc. FileMaker supports AppleScript.
I am running Photo Mechanic version 4.6.4 with Mac OS X 10.6.4 on an Intel-based Mac. The FileMaker version at present is 6.

Do you mean that you want someone to write an AppleScript for you?

-Kirk

Offline victormech

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2011, 10:54:26 AM »
If necessary, yes, although I was assuming (maybe wrongly) that it would be a straightforward matter to someone familiar with AppleScript.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2011, 12:22:44 PM »
If necessary, yes, although I was assuming (maybe wrongly) that it would be a straightforward matter to someone familiar with AppleScript.

Well, its basically something like this:

tell application "Photo Mechanic"
    activate
    open folder "path to folder goes here"
end tell

I'm not sure how your various scripts are going to provide the folder, but you're going to have to work that out for yourself.

-Kirk

Offline victormech

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2011, 01:14:11 PM »
Thank you. I'll give that a go.

Asadour